Footstep sounds

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
I'm curious, will INF 2.8+ implement different footstep sounds depending on the surface you're walking/running on? I noticed TacOps does it, as does the game Deus Ex, and Q3 of course. I think it's a cool effect myself...
<h2><font face="symbol">
a 1001</font></h2>

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
wow, Neo really has his work cut out for him /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It is impossible for the glass to be half full or half empty for you see: there is no glass

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Excellent!

Looks like you guys aren't leaving anything out! I swear, INF 2.8+ will be totally dreamy, man... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
<h2><font face="symbol">
a 1001</font></h2>

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

Romilar_D

Feb 10, 2000
www.paradynamic.com
I have not tried recently, but UED2 (and possilby UT engine) does not allow changing footstep and hit sound properties. Although the option is there (leftover from unreal) a change of these properties has no effect in game. How will footstep sounds be implemented so that mappers can make use of them.

uzi.gif

It takes a minute to pray, but only a second to die.