Gibbing...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Iron Chef Carnage

Aug 28, 2000
I don't know a lot about real-life battle and the injuries sustained therein, but it seems to me that a human body is very difficult to blast into a hundred pieces, even with a grenade. Would it be possible to remove gibbing from the game, or at least make it very difficult to do? Shooting a corpse half-a-dozen times with a 9mm shouldn't cause it to splatter all over the room.

Granted, this is a small, petty point, but gripping my MP5 while running through a corridor littered with limbs and heads and chunks of torso seems a little odd. If people get gibbed by machineguns routinely in real life, then by all means include it, but I thought i should bring it up.

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
Well, they have a new player model now, which means they have to do all new animations for it, so the death animations should all be INF-quality and realistic.

Btw I would not be at all surprised if a grenade could gib somebody that was very close when it went off... on the warning page of Gryphon's exlposive compositions website (anyone got the link?) there's a picture of the remains of some dumb bastard that was holding a pipe-bomb when it went off, and he was in about 50 pieces... I could imagine a frag grenade exploding alot like a pipe bomb would.

Yes, its a war from the depth of time!

Robertson

MarSec/Sentinel Team Captain
Sep 19, 2000
www.marsec.f2s.com
Would this also apply to weapons like the M16 and PSG-1.

I have yet to see a single round fired from any of those weapons actually take someone's head clean off their shoulders (as is the case in UT and INF 2.75).
True, they do tend to shatter the skull and leave a large exit wound, but not instant decapitation and an announcer shouting 'Headshot' lol.

This is probably already being addressed in version 2.8, but I was just curious, because a lot of people that play on our server said that it made the game feel more like a bad action movie than a game based on realism.

Thanks again guys and keep up the good work.