Co-op play

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

robbc

Oct 10, 2000
Yo, well this is my first posting on here. Wasn’t going to bother but after reading some of your comments thought I’d give it a go. Seems most you guys get really strung out if people don’t bother reading the rest of the Inf site so luckily enough for me I have. Really I’m posting this cos I think there’s is something fundamentally lacking from Infiltration and other mods I have played (Which I won’t mention) which I find lowers the realism. I find it extremely difficult to organise attacks (be it in CTF or other modes) the way I want. I have always thought that a Hidden & Dangerous style map where waypoints can be set-up, would be extremely beneficial in creating a tactical battle rather than a typical DM. Don’t get me wrong because I think generally the bots in INF have very good AI but with few/simple commands at your disposal. If indeed INF 3.0 is too far down the road for any more/new additions feel free to tell me so.

The additions I’d like to see are

*A patrol system for bots and humans (Humans having final say on if they want to follow an order)
*A map to provide the patrol/waypoint method with feasibility
*A commander to issue the orders
NB: - Only he can access the map

As for weapons 3.0 seems to have enough for me.

By the way what doe’s a flaming mean? If it is simply insults is it not a little immature? I’m twenty years old and can’t be arsed getting into a “My game’s better than your game†debate.

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Robertson

MarSec/Sentinel Team Captain
Sep 19, 2000
www.marsec.f2s.com
Yeah, adding a commander and a patrol waypoint system is a good idea and would certainly add more tactical depth to the game, and who knows, maybe they 'are' experimenting with these features and just haven't told us yet. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The only problem is that despite having these in place, would any of the players actually follow them? From personal experience I can say that it would probably suit dedicated teams or clans that play together online frequently, as opposed to the majority of players that seem to join a game and gun for their own glory.
At least the bots will do as they are told, heheheh

And yes, flaming is basically people insulting each other on a messageboard, and yes it's very immature. If someone posts anything negative, childish or abusive on a messageboard, I usually just ignore it and let the administrators deal with it.
That's usually the best way, but you still get the occasional bunch of yobbos that try to retaliate and you end up with a flame-war that sometimes seems to spead to several other forums.

P.S. Glad to see a fellow Scot on the board. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Hannibal

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
good idea

A good suggestion, and it's been brought up many times before. My thinking is that the whole map idea would probably only come into use by dedicated team-play clans. I would propose not only showing lines on the map, but once the commander draws on the map, lines should also be shown on the screen or at least in a separate radar screen built into the hud. The problem is that I don't know anything about coding and for all I know this could be impossible, detrimental to performance, or just aggravating to play with.

robbc

Oct 10, 2000
CTF maybe?

I think if it were implemented then it would suit CTF more than other game modes. The pace of the game would drop a little but at least players would have a better illusion of squad co-ordination. I like the idea of performing co-ordinated attacks rather than the every man for himself routine.

Fred's convertible glided to a halt on the edge of a lonely country road.

"I suppose," said his pretty but reluctant date, "you're going to pull the old 'out of gas' routine."

"No," said Fred, "I'm going to pull the 'here after' routine."

"The 'here after' routine-----what's that?", she wanted to know.

"If you're not here after what I'm here after, you'll be here after I'm gone

Tartan Army No 1
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif