There's something that is bothering me

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
I usually play 1 life stand off mode. When I die, I instantly warp back to the spawn point. From there I can go view the remaining action if I choose. Well I think that's annoying. I see a bot turn and look at me, and the instant I start to see his muzzle flash, I'm warped back to the spawn point. I just think it'd be a heck of a lot better to allow me, in my first person view, to witness my death to the extant that I'm seeing the enemy shoot me up and I fall backwards or forward to the ground or whatever, and then witness a pool of blood form under me, or however you want to portray it. As it is now, it just seems lacking. Is this something that might be possible/considered?

If this has been posted before I apologize.

Mr. T

Curtz

May 31, 2000
I agree With Mr. T.
Infiltration is elite.
this post's short and sweet...
Sorry! i'll go hide in a corner with my M92F.

mellenium hand and shrimp

383Stroker

Oct 26, 2000
I think its annoying too.Im used to seeing my screen spin or turn red in other FPS but sometimes in Inf 2.8 I dont hear the gun or see the flash even if the bot is right in front of my face,its just insant.No big deal but annoying and unexpected.

HollowPoint

TBuildT mapper
Oct 21, 2000
ok but

If That happens, a bot has shot you in the head..you allready dead before you know it..
Very realistic to me..

greetz!

Mess with the Best...Die like the Rest...

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
But even if you're shot in the head, is it possible that you could still experience a brief moment of semi-consciousness? When I die here in the real world, if I find myself instantly transported to a UT spawn point, then I'll come back here and post an agreement with the current representation, provided someone is able to bring me back to life of course. Perhaps the best way to model it would be to crumple to the ground, have everything to fade to black and have sounds fade away around you as well, and then have you sit in total isolated darkness until the next round begins. That sounds far more realistic than it is now, but I wouldn't know.

Is there anyone who has died and then been resuscitated who wants to provide an opinion on this?

Mr. T