Selecting Weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
In future INF releases, can it be made such that we can select weapons with no ammo? This would be useful with guns with scopes (m16, robar, psg) so that we can still use the scopes to look ahead even if the guns empty.

It is impossible for the glass to be half full or half empty for you see: there is no glass

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Hmmm... while we are on that, why is it that while re-loading we cant switch to quick item?

And I want to make a suggestion. I think that the quick action image on the hud is under-utilized. Let's display all weapons that can be quick action items instead of only the currently selected quick action item. I think what I'm suggesting is like Metal Gear Solid. If I remember rite, you could switch among several items in the inventory and it would scroll up and down to show the most currently selected item.

Could this be considered? Show all possible quick action items - about 3 boxes of quick action icons stacked on top of another, then we can hold the Quick Action Button and right click to cycle through them. Pressing the Quick Action Button activates the item highlighted.

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
I am pretty sure the answer to Galaddin's question is yes- in future versions dropping and picking up items will change your total carried weight and bulk... and if you can't select it you can't drop it.

Yes, its a war from the depth of time!

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Interrupting the reload sequence

Would it be possible in INF to interrupt a reload sequence if another weapon was needed more quickly? For example, in Counterstrike, you can interrupt a reload sequence and draw out another weapon. The reload of the weapon won't occur unless the complete sequence happens. But you saved precious split seconds to draw your sidearm and peg the guy coming around the corner.

seeker

Mar 9, 2000
Visit site
Confused...

When you are reloding a weapon both your hands are busy, one holding the weapon and one reloading. You would have to drop both your weapon and the new magazine to switch to your sidearm...
Seeker

]
sigsnipe1.jpg

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Your gun generally has a sling (pistols don't AFAIK /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif. As for the mag, I think you should just drop it. You're life is worth more than 30 odd rounds /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It is impossible for the glass to be half full or half empty for you see: there is no glass

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Interrupting again.

Seeker, the point is to make the reload sequence interruptible like in Counterstrike. Your gun is empty and you're in the process of reloading it, and it would be nice to stop the sequence if you needed to get to a loaded weapon. Obviously, the penalty for it is that you'll have to begin the whole reload process all over again but you're not a sitting duck with a mag in your hand when everything in your body is telling you to draw your sidearm.

383Stroker

Oct 26, 2000
drop it

I think if you were able to interrupt a reload it should drop your currently held gun and/or ammo thats being held depending on what your grabbing for.Just think,if you have just pulled out and dropped the empty clip and are reaching for a fresh one,you could grab your pistol and drop the other to the side.You dont need two hands to fire a pistol,especialy if your adrenalin is pumpin.Adrenalin meters anyone?