some ideas, please post your opinions (especially the INF team).

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
making sniping harder, should be aplied to all weapons IMO, will also prevent pistol-sniping and such.

http://bbs.hostileintent.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000636.html

a new game mode, giving inf more a battle feel rather then it jus being DM, for what i miss most about inf now is a goal for the missions.

I'd like to see push missions like in FA but read carefull... not quite the same.

-It starts basically out like this... there are several "push points" on each map (same as in FA).
-Each team member will start with 1 live, meaning if they die they will stay dead.
-when the first player of a team dies a counter will start to tick signalling the time till the new wave (i.e. new respawn).
-When one team caps a push point held by the enemy team all dead players respawn (a new wave/resinforcements) this is for both teams so ALL dead players respawn.
-the players that capture the point (i.e. all live players within a specified radius of the cap point) should get some sort of a bonus (to encourage ppl trying to cap the point).
-when one team is completely wiped out (all players killed before they get reinforcements), the oposing team will get a bonus and those who are still alive will get a bonus on top of that. And both teams get new waves.

notes:

To accomodate such battles a map would have to be somewhat linear tho not as much as the FA maps since the UT engine simply allows for more open maps. This would really work wonders on a urban or jungle style map with plenty of hiding places and places to take cover.

In FA you have ammo boxes... but don't add em to INF, it's not very realistic IMO the survivors can take the equipment from the fallen or get ammo from their friends (they will be able to reequip while waiting to respawn).

prhaps it's a good idea to give ALL players that are alive when a cap point changes hands a bonus, to promote ppl falling back a bit instead of putting up suicide defenses.

Crosshairs are for wimps /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
another one

haw about a cap the whatever? i mean there is some object or intel or whatever and one team has to bring it back, extreme predjudice should be pretty easy to modify in such a way, just put something inside the plane and the team that spaws closest to it (in the house with all the MG's) hasd to prevent the other team from taking the object and returning it to their respawn

Crosshairs are for wimps /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif