Realism...... or annoyance?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WebCell

Nov 5, 2000
The bullets burst into the corner, you fire several rounds at the enemy-unknown. The slide hits the butt of your gun. Okay, now it's empty. I need to reload. You press the magazine catch. The magazine makes a metallic CLICK, hitting the ground. Then there is a SWEEP SWOOP sound, and there you have another magazine, ready to be inserted to the gun. Nice.

BUT...
If you could buy extra ammunition, and REFILL your magazines, the realism of Infiltration would really come forwards a HUGE step.

Oh, never mind. It was a stupid idea anyways... :rolleyes:

Inf rocks, and that's a fact!

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
I don't think you'd have much time to refill your mags in the middle of an INF match... and you probably aren't going to have the conveniance of an armory in the battlefield in real life, so you might as well just use up all your credits loading up with ammo in the first place.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
BUY AMMO????????

Let me imagine this:

I'm short on ammo, somewhere in the jungle. The enemy is around, soon they will discover me. So I just go to my local 'battlefield-gun-shop'(tm) and tell my good old buddy there, that I'd like some of the cool .223 hollow-points and the nifty tracers. Some STANAG mags wouldn't be bad either and if we are at it, a M249 with 1000rds.
Then I crawl back into the jungle to ambush the enemy.

Now tell me, what is wrong in the above paragraph?

THERE ARE NO ****ING GUNSHOPS ON A BATTLEFIELD!!!!

Snakeye :D

anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

Robertson

MarSec/Sentinel Team Captain
Sep 19, 2000
www.marsec.f2s.com
ROFL

That's right WebCell, buying ammo in the field is itself unrealistic and definately a big no-no, especially if you were playing online on a busy server, you just wouldn't have the time - or the chance to do that.

If you're that desperate, why don't you take some ammo or weapons from one of the recently killed bots. (or players when online becomes avail.)

But considering how fast-paced Infiltration games tend to be, I doubt that you'll need to worry about running out of ammo anytime soon. ;)

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
I don't think he meant ammo on the field.

Unfortuantely, it's easier to carry ammo already in mags, than in boxes. Additionally, to reload a mag, you're looking at a process similar to reloading the M3 shotgun. Not something you want to do in a hot area.

Don't worrya bout it though, the new pickup system the INF team is working on will allow you to strip your kills of all useful ammo quickly and easily. THis should keep you on the battlefield longer.

I love games where you can live off your enemy's resources. ;)