I made this Great map!! (don't we all)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Claymore

The Flying Dutchman
Dec 24, 1999
Utreg, Holland
www.xs4all.nl
Sorry for stealing that last line, but it's simply great, and states all we stand for, it symbolises our true goal in life! It Makes Us FEeL SomeHoW ConneCted, The uNiVerSaL pOweR, I ... I

AAAAAAH

I'm ranting!

Anywayz, I made a map, and I'd like you to take a look. It's a small Duel map, a bit like Phobos Moon (theme), but then again totally different ....

Sceens and a download here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/maps

Play it with one Godlike bot. Lots of fun.

------------------
It never hurts to help ...

Claymore

The Flying Dutchman
Dec 24, 1999
Utreg, Holland
www.xs4all.nl
Do I stand a chance?

I need some mmore input here!

It's only my third map, I really like it, but I'm kinda biassed. We tested it yesterday on our clanserver, and I turned out being Godlike for the second time online ever.
It was also the second time I ****ed up the godlike for Ngstats. The first one was on a server that didn't have them enabled, and I found that out later on, yesterday I realised that I had reinstalled the game, and I didn't enter my password!!

So in a way, I'm depressed too :)

bullet2.gif

It never hurts to help ...

Saint242

May 8, 2000
Saint242.tripod.com
Definetely a quality map. The blocked-off mineshafts are a nice touch, and the bot work is excellent. However, some music and ambient sounds would be nice. There is nothing wrong with the lighting per se, but I think it would be nice if you added some flickering lights and red-colored lights in a few of the areas, to enhance the claustrophobic, collapsed-mine-tunnel feeling. Don't go crazy with those, though. Just a few here and there would look great.

bullet2.gif

-*-Saint-*-

Claymore

The Flying Dutchman
Dec 24, 1999
Utreg, Holland
www.xs4all.nl
I deliberately left out ambient sounds, to make sure you won't miss the audio clues that you need to keep track of in a duel, it fuzzes up the concept I wanted this level to have.

The 100 armor takes a splash in the water to grab, exposing where you are.
The 2 lifts have different sounds, kind of exposing you, and there's only one place in the map with health vials, again to expose you.

I must admit though that I forgot about music totally cuz I got it turned off.

As for flickering red lights, that would force me to add more lamps in the walls (or ceilings), cuz Light has to come from somewhere. Not that it's a big problem, but I wouldn't know where to put them, since the entire level is kind of "decorated", and I fear that adding even more decoration would do the level more harm than good.
I thought about it too, but I let it be in this map.

As for light having to come from somewhere; I already bumped into someone who asked me where the red light came from (center area), and I actually didn't have an answer, since it's the only light in the map withouth an obvious source.
(except for a few tricks with yellowish light, but that has a natural look)

I already got a new map comming up, actually it was built before this one but I'm still having a couple of problems, it features everything you mentioned in your reply, sound, flickering, and music :)