Heavy Machine Gun Change

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kurtz25

Nov 20, 2000
2 suggestions on the current heavy machine gun:

1) Reverse the interface on it. I am always looking up when I want the weapon to go down and vice-versa. With the real deal you don't push down to go down. You push UP to go down. I think it's really unintuitive as it is.

2) Is it me, or does that gun fire the same Browning .50 cal. bullet as the Robar? Shouldn't it be one-shot-one-kill as well? I've hit people with it before, and they've shot back. That thing would take anyone out of commission no matter where it hit.

Personally, I like the idea of the weapon, but the current implementation is pretty lacking.

Curtz

May 31, 2000
I am not to sure about the damage (Gryphon will probably tell you that the barrel is shorter thatn the Robar, or something).

The problem with down = up and vice versa is Beppo (or the mappers) would have to make the view invert aswell as the gun, this may be a tad confusing at first, but I do see your point.

Do I know you? :confused: :D

Lags a bitch, and then you die.
Official "paranoid-nut" of the BMA, and ex-evil overlord wannabe.

Anon

Jun 4, 2000
Visit site
Heh...

I wish I was Charlie Sheen, two Kurtz/curtz's in the same place, and all for me! :p

Only problem is, I dont know which one to take out first. :rolleyes:

sesame2.JPG

WHEN THE SH'T GOES DOWN

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
I'm agree about changing the weapon up-down control.

But the real boring point about this weapon is the taking-control system

When you are not enough close to it, you loose your weapon without having control of the turret.

I saw (and i had the same trouble several time) a bot who run near a turret and he loose is weapon but continue running. He meet an opponent who killed him with no difficulties of course ! :)

Reamrk it is funny to watch a bot (or player when 2.85 will be releasedà running with a non existing weapon on his ready arms ! :)

sniper.gif

{Just REALITY. Other things are unnecessary}

Curtz

May 31, 2000
Just try it pal! We shall see you online when the Machete is in, I have an AK with your name on it :D

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Maybe i was difficult to understand. I said the bot without weapon in his arm (but in mind) whas killed by the opponent ! :)

sniper.gif

{Just REALITY. Other things are unnecessary}

Angel Of Death

Oct 19, 2000
I think a really cool thing they could do with the Browning is that you should actually see your hands on the grips and thumbs on the trigger. This would be so much easier to aim with and give you more protection since you would be crouched down an somewhat looking down the iron sight. It would look so much cool even though it would probably be a pain to do (pretty much redoing most of it). You should also be able to see your guy **** it when you walk up to it.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
yeah that'd be cool.. but i dont think its really possible.

I think you should be allowed to look through the sites of that gun with your aim key. I know you can line it up now, but its pretty uselss as it is.

**** **** off

kurtz25

Nov 20, 2000
I AM THE REAL KURTZ! BRING ME YOUR IVORY!

At 5'3'', I think I'm the real Kurtz.

And I don't know anyone in Manchester. I live in Japan, although I'm an Amerikan.

At any rate, I think that the Browning either needs to be made usable or just removed. It's irritating to run by it and then find that you have no weapon and that you don't control the Browning either.

Personally, I think getting rid of it altogether makes more sense. Especially after the new light machine gun makes its debut. That will be much more useful, I think.

ThunderChunky

L337 Cube H@X0®
Jul 1, 2000
Heart of Darkness...

I actually liked that book... :)

I digress...

-------------------------------------------
Stupid People Offend Me.

"The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind" -H.L. Mencken

thunderchunky2.gif

Angel Of Death

Oct 19, 2000
I know nothing about coding so I can't say that it's possible. It would just be much better to actually move with the gun instead of just seeing the gun move. It's hard as hell to hit anyone with that gun unless you get lucky and get lined up with it.

WhammoBlammo

Nov 30, 2000
Try this

Next time you play the "Terrain" map, go to the 50 cal near the cliff and jump on top of it. A slight move of your mouse will set you spinning, and you can still fire!
Kept me amused for a while (but then thats not difficult)

Angel Of Death

Oct 19, 2000
But that's only one of the many machine guns placed on the levels.

Curtz

May 31, 2000
Won't the mod need a "Rummage through dead guys backpack" button? If so, then Beppo could make that into a general use button.

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
I don't think it would be difficult to make you really hold the grip of the machine gun... They could code this way : You get near enough of the gun (or you activate it), then a special function take over and your character and the gun is replaced by a special entity (both you and the gun). You cannot move, you are crouched or prone (depend where the gun is) and you aim the machine gun as you would aim any other gun... You hit a special key or just a movement button and you are off, both entities take back their respective places...

Of course, it may exist better way to do it...