something about the M16

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
After you've read that post, you might call me crazy, but that never stopped me from posting anything anyway..

I really like the M16, but since 2.8 there's something strange about it. Especially the three round burst seems to have a little delay(from depressing the mouse to the shot being fired), and a longer delay than any other weapon. Also the fire rate(until all three rounds are out) seems longer to me, that it should be; it takes about double the time than the MP5 for three rounds.

Now all of the above is just a subjective feeling, but I think I can compared it rather well, since I used the 2.75-M16 extensively, and it shot faster and with less delay.

Guess that sounds really mad, but I'd like to know if anyone has similar 'feelings'.

Snakeye :D

anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

Ignato

TBuildT Mapping Team
Apr 20, 2000
Toronto, Canada
Phew!

Ok, I am very glad someone else noticed that. I thought it had something to do with my machine.

When I use the m16 now, I just use the scope and semi-auto.

sig01010.jpg

Serial Killer

Masterful
Dec 1, 1999
Erlangen, Germany
Visit site
In 2.75 the M16 was really cool! I used it very often in semi. It was powerfull and accurate, but in 2.8x I don't use it anymore at all. I prefer Mp5, too.

Live and let die!
BTW, I also read the roadmap!! (Many times!)

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
The M16 push lag

The delay you speak of seems to be caused by a short model animation that plays when you press the fire key, but before any shots are actually fired. You can see this animation by setting the game speed to 0.01 and firing the M16 in aimed mode.

I'm not exactly sure if this was intentional, but I hope this is fixed in the next release. It causes several problems which make using the M16 very unpleasent. The first of these is that aiming is that much more difficult since you have to compensate for this delay. Also, effective rate of fire is much less than when in hip-shooting mode--it is perhaps the slowest of all of the weapons save the Robar and HK69. Finally, this delay detracts from the realism of the game since its takes away from the total immersion factor.

Hopefully this delay will be gone in the next release.

-Sheep