Hip shooting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Angel Of Death

Oct 19, 2000
The hip shooting is definately realistic, to some point.

A)Not many people shoot their pistols from the hip, unless you live in the old west. The pistol should be raised up a bit on the screen and held with one hand rather then from your hip and with two hands.

B)People don't often run around with their guns to their hips unless they're running and giving cover fire. I think the guns should be held to your torso while you are running. Or if you have the gun aimed, the gun could be lowered and then brought back up when you stop moving.

The game would look and feel better with these changes, IMO. It would also force people to stop and aim rather than just run around and fire aimlessly.

Hopefully these are brought to attention, thank you. ;)

eaglebottom.jpg

Best of the Best

Acey4 NA

Nov 27, 2000
people dont run around and shoot all the time......any ways,if u played half life,ull notice how gordan freeman moves his gun around if ur not shoot,how about adding this animation to inf,except that if ur not shooting,ur character will hold the gun up to his/her torso.

its right out side the door,now testify!

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
I think the pistols look ok on the screen they just need to be raised a bit in 3rd person. Holding it down that low is a little awkward i think. Same applies to a lesser extent so some other weapons.
The aim mode animations are great though, they dont need to be changed at all.

visor_sig.jpg

**** **** off

Angel Of Death

Oct 19, 2000
Well yeah, they look good... but think about it, if you were in a war, would you run around with your gun at your hip or would you run around with it pressed against your chest?

I didn't mention this but how about having your pistol pointing upward when you're moving? It just seems really wierd shooting a pistol from the hip.

I know that they're minor things, but it would add on to the realism and strategy. People would actually have to stop, aim, and shoot. Rather than run, and shoot.

eaglebottom.jpg

Best of the Best

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
no i meant in first person, the weapons look just right. If anything should be changed, they could be raised a tiny bit in 3rd person, but it really dosent matter they work great as they are.

visor_sig.jpg

**** **** off