CTF ideas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BobTheFearlessFish

Jun 2, 2000
Nottingham, England
Ive recently downloaded CTF-Fin and i think it is one of the best maps i have played, it really feels like a war because of the amount of people, the size means that you dont have to kill everyone on the way to and from the flag. But in playing this i have noticed some prolems that could be fixed to make CTF more realistic.

1. I think there should be a delay that can be set so that when someone dies they have to wait a certain amount of time before respawning. this would mean that there would no longer be enemies coming at you continuously, instead you would have got rid of that defender for that assault, it would also encourage people to attack as a group because the defenders would have time to re-organise themselves between assaults. defenders would have more incentive to hide when they see someone coming toward their flag in case that person isnt stopped and could then be killed as they are running away, it would be more tactical.

2. If number one is put in then everyone who is waiting to respawn on the defending team should respawn when the flag is captured, this is to stop people camping the flag waiting for it to appear and then taking it again before anyone respawns.

3. There should be a delay on the respawning of the flag so that people can get organised again

4. The glow should be removed, it is very annoying to be sitting in the shadows that arent there anymore because of that stupid red glow

quite a lot of these can be applied to assualt aswell, i think these ideas would make people care about dying in a CTF game because it would be so annoying to see you flag being taken while everyone on your team is dead. and putting lives on in a CTF game isnt good because the match just turns into a standoff

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
"Rescue the POW"

I came up with the idea a while back to make a different version of CTF, in which you have to save a POW. This would make it a bit more realistic (who cares about a damn flag). My idea is basically CTF where you can kill the flag on a players back to return it (as well as kill the player, and retrieve the flag), and the flag is an unconcious body. :D

*Each team has a POW (basically a body) as their "flag". The POW cannot be damaged while it remains in it's cell (ie: flag position).

*POWs cannot move on their own. They would basically be considered unconcious.

*Each team must rescue their POW. In order to do this, they must go and pick up the POW (which would add considerable bulk, but not too much to preserve gameplay), and return the POW to their base (at which point he is considered rescued, and disappears, having been carted off by medics or something).

*Once the POW is picked up by a rescuer, he can be damaged, and killed. Each POW would have health comparable to about half a healthy player.

*To prevent the rescue, the opposing team can kill the POW; either while being carried by a rescuer, or while on the ground after being dropped by a rescuer (which could be chosen to be done, or which would happen if the rescuer is killed).

*Another POW would then respawn at the "flag" point. A good mapper for this would put POWs in cells or something to add to the effect.

I think this would be an interesting game type. It would promote teamplay, as the POW and his rescuer would have to be well protected. Meanwhile, each team would also have to be guarding thier own POW.

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.

[This message was edited by =DarKNesS= on Dec 21, 2000 at 10:07.]

Styx_Surfer

Pictor Habilis
Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
www.styxgraphics.com
Great ideas, but I think that the POW should have MORE health than a regular player, otherwise it'd be pretty easy to kill him just by firing of a few rounds with the shotgun or with a lucky HK69 hit... If the POW is so high-priority the rescuers should give him a kevlar-vest, don't you think? ;)

Handsome Boy Modeling School Graduate
styxanim2.gif

My homepage

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
i really liked the carry the flag mod but since it's a gameplay type it dosn't work with inf. i would suggest trying it. you can pick up your onw flag. and to return your flag you have to pick it up and carry it back. you can also drop cap. and you can set it so you don't have to have your flag to capture the other teams flag.

plus when you drop it in lava or something where you can't get it, it respawns to the nearst bot path point.

Can you spot the sniper?
spotthesniper.jpg

Too Late!

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Yeah, that's one of the things I forgot to address. In the POW game type, you can cap while the other team has your POW. You don't have to retrieve him first.

As for health of the POW, I believe that it should be about 2/3 the health of the player. After all, it is up the the rescuer and his team to keep him protected. If you think about standard CTF, all you have to do there is to kill the guy with the flag, and then touch the flag.

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.

Anubis

Jul 26, 1999
Visit site
How about just one POW in the center of the map that each team fights over to capture?

Friendly fire isn't
-Anubis out.