Few Suggestions (sane suggestions)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
here are a few suggestions I thought up after play'n Infiltration for the last month :)

1. Heavy Breathing

when the player has taken severe damage (about half of his life bar) I think he should start to break heavy.

2. Bleeding

this is can acctualy be achived allready by adding the Action Realism Mutator by Johan Otterud. it basicly acts like old skool action quake 2 and causes you to slowly lose health if you take a hit that dose large amout of damage at one time. you will leave a trail of blood and contiue till you use the "mutate bandage" command (can be bound to a key) it's simple and works great however the Bots have no idea what to do when they are bleeding :p but hey the code is there! ask Johan, if he will let you partake in his bit of code :)

Action Realism Download at File Leech

3. Weapon Mutator

like Strike force, and AgentX(god rest it's soul :( ) I think a ablity to play with the Infiltration weapons in standard UT would be great, like the old Unreal port let you do. I don't know how easy this would be (acctualy it seems quite hard to me) but if you could do it, it would be great!

4. Flashes, and the shakes

I want to be blinded! :)
I want a 30 mm grenade to land in front of me and blind me for a sec! and I want to stumble around for a bit! I want a head shot to flash my screen red and knock my screen for a loop!

5. Louder Sounds?

I noticed alot in the Current version of Infiltration (8.2) that the sounds are not audiable at about 30 ft away. some one could be unloading a M16a1 at me and I only see a flash down the way. I mean like the whole place is quite and the only sound I hear is the bullets ricotcheting off the ground and no gun shot! :p (is this a UT problem?)

6. Death sounds

ok you have the grusome (I can't spell) animations of war :p but where are the sounds? the standard Unreal just don't cut it :p I want to hear some poor sap to cry out for his mamma :p come on this is supposed to be a war sim! ;)

:)

Now before I end this I want you guys to know that your mod is Great and I have been play'n it since Unreal! I look foward to the new versions of you Mod :)

the_hunter-sig4.jpg

Acey4 NA

Nov 27, 2000
i'll be a happy man the day 8.2 comes out :rolleyes:

Pack it up,pack it in,let me begin -cypress hill

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
*snort*

Seriously though, about half of what you suggested is already in the works, and the rest can be acheived through some careful tweaking of your setting.

1: Heavy Breathing - Already in there, although not for when you take damage. If you run until your stamina bar is dry, you'll start to pant and wheeze.

2: Bleeding - Already planned. Read the roadmap (take it with a grain of salt, though. It hasn't been updated in ages).

3: Weapon Mutator - If you mean that you want to play with the UT bots, you can just disable the Infiltration soldier model in the Infiltration Settings menu. If, however, you mean that you want the Infiltration weapons to be lying around the map for you to pick up, that might take a little more work.

4: Flashes, and the shakes - Flash grenades and flares are already planned. Incidentally, they're 40mm grenades, not 30mm. You can find more info about the planned ammunition types here.

5: Louder Sounds - Being worked on.

6: Death sounds - Probably being worked on, but I can't say for certain.

-Keiichi

Sig01.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/morisato_81/

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
i'd like to say i also remember something about explosions knoocking you on your ass if your to close.

Can you spot the sniper?
spotthesniper.jpg

Too Late!

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
wow that ammo page is awesome

good suggestions them are

arcticdude_sig.JPG

I once ate a pie with a plastic fork.

damnit Keiichi >_<

damnit Keiichi your gonna make me hit you! :p

Seriously though, about half of what you suggested is already in the works, and the rest can be acheived through some careful tweaking of your setting.

duhh... I do this all the time :p

1: Heavy Breathing - Already in there, although not for when you take damage. If you run until your stamina bar is dry, you'll start to pant and wheeze.

freak'n duhh, I mean when your about to die, to give off a audiable signal that your very close to dieing, becasue I acctulay prefre to play without the HUD (real men don't use HUDs in infiltraton LOL) it's more realistict that way

2: Bleeding - Already planned. Read the roadmap (take it with a grain of salt, though. It hasn't been updated in ages).

Oh how I have read the Roadmap! :p
it's like the bible to me! ^_^
I was acctualy just showing other players how they can get it NOW, and offering the INF team a route to get code thats allready done (note: ask first use later is my motto! never steal)

3: Weapon Mutator - If you mean that you want to play with the UT bots, you can just disable the Infiltration soldier model in the Infiltration Settings menu. If, however, you mean that you want the Infiltration weapons to be lying around the map for you to pick up, that might take a little more work.

argg I know that! I am not a newbie! I have been playing this thing since Unreal!! damnit! I know where they but the little check boxes for all the assorted goodies! :p
yes I wanted to know if they could be lying around the map at the gun pickup points in the orginal DM, DOM, CTF, and AS maps. like Strike force. DIDN'T I say this?? :p

4: Flashes, and the shakes - Flash grenades and flares are already planned. Incidentally, they're 40mm grenades, not 30mm. You can find more info about the planned ammunition types here.

ok you got me on the 30mm thing, my bad >_<
but I'm not talking about Flash grenades! I'm talking about shock damage of a grenade landing next to you! one of the reasons of throwing a grenade is becasue

1. it a splash damage weapoon
2. it disorients the enemy with the sound and explosion
3. it kick up a hell-of-a-lot of dirt!

5: Louder Sounds - Being worked on.

how do you know that? did I miss that in the Bug & Fix section??? >_<

6: Death sounds - Probably being worked on, but I can't say for certain

ahhh HA!!! Know-it-all Keiichi-san dose not know everything! :p
(I'm kidding with you)

Keiichi, what anime do you have? or have you gotten to the "to many to count" phase!
^_^

and on your page I saw your nice backgrounds, I have some too :p check them out if you have time

Phat Cat

the_hunter-sig4.jpg

Jaugar

|*MSOF*| Commander
Dec 17, 2000
Nice suggestions... but most of them are already well known. Read the roadmap first... ;)

HomeJaguarLogo.gif

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
phatcat:
If you've read the roadmap, then you'd know that most of those suggestions are already in the works, and thus there is no need to suggest them!

And I'm going to tell you what I told MrKiddieGrinder: "Be kind", or you're going to find it very difficult around here (I'll make sure of it :mad:)

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.

WHAT O_O

I am be'n kind! I don't like fights!

the reason I put the thing in about the damn bleeding damgage is becasue I had found a Mutulator that already dose it!! and prehaps they want to use ask him if they want to use it!!

you guys are be'n really mean to me, and I just got here :(

whats the point of puttingup suggestions if your "community" is gonna insult us for do'n so!

:(

the_hunter-sig4.jpg

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>5: Louder Sounds - Being worked on.

how do you know that? did I miss that in the Bug & Fix section??? >_<[/quote]

There was a discussion on it a while back and Neo said that he was working on improving the sounds and making them carry farther. That's all I know.

As for my anime and manga collection: I'm not quite at the too-many-to-count phase, but I'm close. Here goes...

Anime:
Oh My Goddess! Episode 1: Moonlight and Cherry Blossoms (VHS)
Oh My Goddess! Episode 2: Midsummer Night's Dream (VHS)
Oh My Goddess! Episode 3: Burning Heart's on the Road (VHS)
Oh My Goddess! Episode 4: Evergreen Holy Night (VHS)
Oh My Goddess! Episode 5: For the Love of Goddess (VHS)
Akira (VHS)
Ghost in the Shell (DVD)
Princess Mononoke (DVD)
Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals Volume 1 (VHS)
Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals Volume 2 (VHS)
Ranma 1/2: The Movie - Big Trouble in Nekonron, China (VHS)
Ranma 1/2: The Movie 2 - Nihao My Concubine (VHS)
Tenchi Universe Volume 1 Episodes 1-4 (DVD)
Tenchi the Movie: Tenchi Muyo in Love (DVD)
Tenchi the Movie 2: The Daughter of Darkness (VHS)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 1 Episodes 1-4 (DVD)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Genesis 0:3 Episodes 5&6 (VHS)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Genesis 0:4 Episodes 7&8 (VHS)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Genesis 0:5 Episodes 9&10 Magma Diver! (VHS)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Genesis 0:6 Episodes 11&12 The Day Tokyo 3 Stood Still (VHS)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Genesis 0:7 Episodes 13&14 Invasion! (VHS)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Genesis 0:8 Episodes 15&16 Lies and Silence (VHS)
Love Hina Volume 1 Episodes 1-8 (CD-R copy in DivX format)
Love Hina Volume 2 Episodes 9-16 (CD-R copy in DivX format)
Love Hina Volume 3 Episodes 17-24 (CD-R copy in DivX format)
Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf (VHS)
Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle (VHS)
Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture (VHS)
New Angel 5 (Hentai) (VHS)

Manga:
Oh My Goddess! Robot Wars - Special
Oh My Goddess! The Lunchbox of Love - Special
Oh My Goddess! Play the Game - One-Shot
Oh My Goddess! Super Urd - One-Shot
Oh My Goddess! The Fourth Goddess - Issue 1
Oh My Goddess! The Fourth Goddess - Issue 2
Oh My Goddess! The Devil in Miss Urd - Issue 1
Oh My Goddess! The Devil in Miss Urd - Issue 3
Oh My Goddess! Terrible Master Urd - Issue 3
Oh My Goddess! Mara Strikes Back - Issue 1
Oh My Goddess! The Trials of Morisato - Issue 3
Oh My Goddess! Childhood's End - Issue 1
Oh My Goddess! Queen Sayoko - Issue 2
Oh My Goddess! Queen Sayoko - Issue 3
Oh My Goddess! Queen Sayoko - Issue 5
Oh My Goddess! Super Manga Blast! - Special
How To Draw Manga: Illustrating Battles

...Phew. My brother also has his own rather sizable collection which he lets me watch/read whenever I want, but I'll refrain from listing those. :eek:

-Keiichi

Sig01.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/morisato_81/

[This message was edited by Keiichi on Jan 03, 2001 at 14:16.]

nice collection there!

I have

Movies
Ruins Explorers (DVD)
Maze (Dvd)
Slayers set 1-4(tapes not episodes) (VHS)

Manga/Books/Art Books
Basic Drawing Anime (NIPPAN books)
Illustrating Battle (NIPPAN books) heh, you have this too?
Battle Angel Alita (Vis books)
Battle Angel Alita Tears of a Angel (Vis books)
No Need for Tenchi 2 sword play (Vis books)
Nausicaa perffect collection 1-3 (vis books)
Lunar Silver Star Story Artbook (Newtype Media)
Hyper Police Artbook (Dragon Magasine)
3X3 Eyes 2 (Dark Horse)
Apple Seed Promo (Dark Horse) got this at A-KON
Steam Detectives (Vis)
Works of Yuzo Takada (creator of Nuku Nuku, 3X3 eyes, and Blueseed) (KODANSHA)
Neon Genesis Evangelion 1 (Vis books)

Seen but don't own:
To Heart (FANSUB)
Ranma 1/2 (SUB)
Ah My Goddess OVA (DUB)
SD Ah My Goddess (SUB)
Tenchi OVA (not the Cartoon Network butcher) (SUB)
Ghost in the Shell (DUB)
Princess Mononoke (SUB/DUB) see 6 times :p twice in theaters
Hyper Police (Sub)
Slayer Motion Picture (SUB)
Future Boy Conan (FANSUB)
Ninja Scroll (sub/dub) this movie sucks! :mad:
Tenchi Univers (sub)
Saber Marrionetts J (sub) I love Megumi's voice
3X3 eyes (dub)
Appleseed (dub)
Green Legend of RAN (dub)
Gunsmith Cats (DUB/SUB)