Human vs BOT??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I have been using INF for some time and I have noticed that in 2.82 that the bots are really! dumb in Novice, as in they are slow to react to fire, and even at 2ft have a poor ablity if hitting the other players.

In the ADEPT mode they are WAY to hard, they walk the levels like I want them to, but there aim is far to accurate, I find my self dead after one shot from the bots :p where the Novice bots would only kill me after 3 or 4 hits.

I must admit they way they continue to fire at you even if you are hidding is great, but is there some median between the skill levels??
I have played with them over and over I could not find any!!

also what are the changes planned for for the 3.0 version when it comes to AI??

the_hunter-sig4.jpg

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I find it works great! Not only that, but changing the bot's attitude to "Defensive" makes the bots run for cover when you lay supressing fire (or cap their buddy), and regroup.

If you scan through my postings a month or so ago, I posted a the bot section of my .INI file, so people could change it easily.

Infiltration_SIG_v3.jpg

-Infiltration HQ, Graphic Artist
"For you, the end is near.""

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
Adjust the "bot skill" down to zero, set the accuracy and alertness closer to the middle setting (or else they will be either too good or too dump). The other settings are less important, but a high dodge is nice... With that in mind, you can put them in the masterful setting and you will feel like you are fighting Human : they can miss you, they can overlook you, but they can kill you when you least expect it if you are not careful...

I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

perrin98

Aug 17, 2000
k i don't get this, i've got my bots set on godlike and they're still dumb as rocks most of the time. I've got 2.82 installed, so i don't know whats going on.

Guns have a point-and-click interface-
Lord Perrin