Hand to Hand Combat...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Loki

Oct 7, 1999
Ottawa/Ontairo/Canada
Visit site
Boy, its been a while since I checked out the message board...

Well, my idea was:
For small pistols and the Uzi, it would be very cool if you could use the second trigger to use the knife instead of aiming. So you have the Uzi in one hand, and a knife in the other; it would, I think, Improve the chances of Close quarter combat.

what do you think?

-Lokik

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Strange idea...
Th uzi is great in close range... WHy do you want to have a knife in the other hand ?

You want to shoot and hit the guy with knife at the same times ????

sniper.gif

{Just REALITY. Other things are unnecessary}

Neglous8

Nov 30, 2000
That is like the old Baynet fighting, where you would leave a round in the chamber. Incase the enemy got stuck you could shoot them off. But if I have a round in the chamber why would I be using a baynet?

I don't see how having a knife and a fire arm out at the same time would help. It would defeat the purpose of both. If you have bullets, shoot them. If there close, you can still shoot them. Your weapon doesn't stop working if they get to close. :) I can see knife and hand to hand, if your sneaking up on someone. Where you would have a knife in one hand and the other would grab the opponent and hold them as you strike with the knife.g

seeker

Mar 9, 2000
Visit site
Yeah...

I like Phatcat's idea, I'd like to do some clubbing with the rifle butt when I am out of ammo, maybe have a little more reach than the knife? In the mean time I am just going to hold my breath and wait for the machete.
Seeker

]
m40a3.jpg

Mr.HotDog

Jan 5, 2001
Visit site
Not a bad idea, but you should be able to throw the knife, so that you can unload a clip and throw knives at someone all at the same time.

sig2.JPG

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Not a bad idea, but you should be able to throw the knife, so that you can unload a clip and throw knives at someone all at the same time.[/quote]

Now that is rediculous. I would howver like to see pistol whipping, bare hand combat and the ability to throw a knife. But none of them at the same time.

bigsig.jpg

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
pistol whipping: Realist and quicker than taking a knife and use it.
bare hand: Why if you have a weapon ?(even empty)
Throwing knife: Silly. We don't have well balanced knife for throwing but bulk combat knife.

sniper.gif

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
About the knife

The knife would be usefull only if you are out of ammo and you have the time to get it.

Or if the sneak key is add to INF, you can kill people with "low sound signature"
In this case animations involved must be modified for sentry removal.
Because the current is good for combat not for sentry removal.
Must be very funny to see from the knifer view official USA techniques writen in the FM 21-150 manual

PS:They are the only good technic in this manual. Others are bad. I prefer other hand to hand technics ;)

sniper.gif

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> you can kill people with "low sound signature"
[/quote]
Not when drawing the damn thing sounds like a broadsword being drawn from a metal sheath.

They need to redo the knife drawing sound.

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Drop ?
No knife is a good weapon if you have the time to take it and you are ou off ammo.

And like i said if you don't want to do unwanted noise

sniper.gif

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
All they have to do is get rid of that loud-as-hell sound the knife makes when it's drawn and all will be well. :D

It's a wise person who knows the difference between free speech and cheap talk.