Mirror bug

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
X

Xpect84Nova

This should probobly be in another topic, but what the hey!
I've noticed that when you stand in front of mirror, in any level (which has one), and you put up the gun for aiming, the 1st person animation lags(if thats the word).
But when you point away from the mirror, it doesn't...
Is this "bug" fixed for 2.85??
This bug isn't annoying, and this post isn't supposed to put the INF- team down.
But I would just like to make the team aware of this issue... :D

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I've noticed it too ...

I think it's a buggy feature in the Unreal-engine itself.

But then there are not a lot of mirrors in regular UT-levels. I think there was a mirror in one of the levels for SF and it had those 'laggy' problems too.

- Hindsight is always 20/20 -

[121st]Burton

full-auto SIG abuser
Feb 7, 2000
I think this bug is engine related.

seal.jpg

Party's over ! *grin*

Farouk

Adept
Oct 19, 2000
Germany
I don't get anything like that on the Shooting Range (Bathroom)
It doesn't really matter if I look into the mirror or not or aim while I am doing it or not.
Framerate stays pretty much the same and I also don't feel any mouse lag.

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
It's not really lag, it's a small delay from the moment you push the alternate fire key, until the actual game model puts his weapon up and aims, but it's no delay to anything else, so it's no lag or anything.....

Farouk

Adept
Oct 19, 2000
Germany
I've noticed that one too in 3rd person view. But it's independant of a mirror.

And here was the talking about 1st person animation lag. That's the gunmodel on your screen you are aiming with. I never had something like that.

The Messiah

Skilled
Nov 8, 2000
entertaining.20m.com
It could be your video card. If you're running in software or D3D rendering, they can suffer lag from many things.

Ezekial 25 17

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good-will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children, and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengeance

X

Xpect84Nova

It's not lag. I'm a 120% sure, it's not lag.
If so may thunder(chunky, ok joke aside.) crack my head open. :D

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I've noticed that one too in 3rd person view. But it's independant of a mirror.[/quote]
It's probably because by looking at the mirror you see yourself. And because you know what you are doing at that moment, it becomes obvious that the 3rd person animations 'lag' somewhat when compared to your 1st person perspective.

It's not the gun moving while standing still that we're talking about. It is the fact that the 3rd person animation (ie the playermodel itself) does not synchronize it's animation with the ones you think the model should be doing.

- Hindsight is always 20/20 -

JKJK

Jan 20, 2001
It is unreal engine I think

This happens in Deus ex as wel, it looks realy funny. Or maybe it is direct X possibly.

The lag is so funny that when I played *cough*TO*cough* I thought that a mirror was a window and there was my teammate outside, with his bot pathing ****ed up bigtime, cause he was moveing is a sort of circle, maybe he was trying to follow me but their was a wall in the way. I tried to shoot him then realised it was a mirror.
lol