Wounded & Medics

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
T

Tac

Any plans to model Wounded soldiers and medics?

I think it would be much more realistic that if a soldier has 25% life left, he should be on the ground moaning and bleeding, not running around and shooting people... this aint Terminator!

25% life players would have their characters drop to the ground and stay there until they are picked up and carried to a safe place & receive med aid. Med aid would not heal them, it would just prevent them from bleeding to death. They can still snipe and shoot, but not move.

I say this because many times I've shot a person real good and many times ive been shot up real good... and still played on as if nothing had happened.

I believe this would greatly enchance the game.

"Peace, Faith, Virtue"

S

shmookid

Definitely...

I loved being a Cleric in Rolemaster Magestorm and I think running around, applying first aid and/or dragging a wounded team mate to cover would be totally cool.

:D

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
definately...

not! ...too soon or ever.

too much effort for a little detail. shot people are unconcious most of the time anyways because of this hydrostatic shock thing...

infsig1c.gif

S

Sloway

How about damage that is based on where you are shot...

If you are shot in one leg, you have to limp around and if you get hit in the arm you can't fire from the aimed position anymore. This would be so you can't go running around like rambo after taking a couple of bullets.

H

Hard-Ace

Definitely...

Many similar points had been made in this forum. I will take any implementation with gratification.

D

Dire Wolf

You have to walk a fine line between fun and realism. I think INF is very close to that fine balance of realism and fun. Personally I like realism but I must admit I hated Rainbox 6. As realistic as one shot one kill is it just isn't fun to play (not to mention 1 shot does not always equal one kill).

I'd like to see a bleeding system, limping (whether modeled or not), more weapon choices, etc. Having an armour system would be cool too, where if you get shot but not killed you get knocked down and take damage but still survive.

Dire Wolf

F

Ferd

That would be entering in a classes based games... i don´t think that would be good at the moment

Sorry for my english