PDA

View Full Version : YEAH ! More Questions...

Chand
19th Feb 2000, 08:41 PM
Ok... my first map is almost there. It's even got a name (DM-DirtyDepot). It's a semi-abandoned depot/garage type structure. Why 'semi-abandoned' you say ? Well... while playing it, it just didn't feel nor abandoned nor operational enough. The magic of UEd /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But anyway, here's my Q of the day :

The map has reached a level where I'm almost comfy with it to release it for betatesting. The thing is, I used some textures from different packs...

a) how can I put all the textures the map is using in a single file to distribute (whatever.utx)??
b) Won't some of the textures be repeated ? I mean, I'm sure a lot of people out there got the same texture packs as me... releasing an .utx with repeated textures doesn't make sense diskspace-wise...

Any solutions ?

------------------
This is your brain...
THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON INF... (bold /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

RegularX
20th Feb 2000, 05:08 PM
You don't put all the textures into one file, for the most part. You can put some custom textures, like your screenshot into MyLevel.utx which actually gets saved with your level. But if you making several new textures that have value outside of your level, just save them into a new UTX. Then you just include it and any other custom utx files with your zip.