PDA

View Full Version : hillbase

Lance201
23rd Feb 2000, 12:55 PM
Heih, this map is great... hope it will be available as AS-map soon, hopefully with some MGs in it!

LCPL TWENTY

bastard_o
23rd Feb 2000, 10:11 PM
MG's are those manual guns, Beppo CRM's, the Player ContRolledMover's /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What type and where would you like them /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Any other likes or dislikes ?

Bastard'O

Wolfn2it
23rd Feb 2000, 10:20 PM
ok you made a post of a great map but no link for us lazy people...!!!

------------------
Kill'em all and let God separte 'em!!!

disturbed
24th Feb 2000, 12:13 AM
For the UT version, replace the building texutres with UT's more industrial-type cement brick textures. They just look better for a military theme. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, it would also be nice to see some towers with player controlled mounted sniper rifles or machine guns, or (OOH!) miniguns.

Also, in the assault version you should have an alarm that goes off once the attackers enter the base (if appropriate). It's always nice to see that kind of detail in maps.

Lance201
24th Feb 2000, 02:09 PM
Hi bastard_o,

it will be great if there are some on the roofs of the buildings with a shield or some sandbags!!

Great map a have to repeat it!

LCPL TWENTY

Lance201
24th Feb 2000, 02:43 PM
hmm is it possible to make a turret with this beppo thing??. I mean like a double .50 used in some tanks or gunboats. This would be great. Another good weapon in a map could be a mortar (Firing on the bridge in hillbase for example)

LCPL TWENTY

INF_Neo
24th Feb 2000, 07:50 PM
I like the alert idea. Want some sounds, Mike?

Retexturing would be nice. Maybe a gate at the entrance.

No wooden stairs! It makes the level look like a castle in the 17th century (or maybe 18th /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

disturbed
24th Feb 2000, 09:17 PM
I read somewhere (Chimeric?) that is was possible to add rain to maps. In a map like HillBase, that would kick major booty assuming it doesn't slow down your machine.

RegularX
24th Feb 2000, 09:32 PM
Look at DM-Raiden for an example of rain. I think it is probably not the best thing across an entire level. My guess would be slowdown.

Lance201
25th Feb 2000, 07:39 AM
something new?? I canĀ“t wait for a new beta... please for the weekend???

Rain wolud be nice but not the way like in DM-Raiden.

LCPL TWENTY

Lance201
29th Feb 2000, 01:52 PM
something new about this great map??? who has tried it ???

LCPL TWENTY