PDA

View Full Version : Map i dea

Waxx
24th Feb 2000, 07:34 PM
I had this idea, but since I suck at map making, I'll leave it to the experts. Why not have a CTF or DM level (you pick) between two gunboats? You could use Beppo's stationary guns on them. Or have mortar turret that could pass for some 3 inch guns on the bow. That would be cool.

------------------
Nazis suck.

Wanderer
25th Feb 2000, 01:36 PM
How would 1 get from 1 boat to the next? Most sea battles I know of are not within swimming distance. But a nice handy robar... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Waxx
25th Feb 2000, 05:52 PM
How about movers, like midget subs or rubber boats?

------------------
Nazis suck.

RegularX
25th Feb 2000, 06:19 PM
I had played with an idea like that with a normal UT map, two starhships, hence I was going to use low grav.

One could set it up as a boarding mission. One large boat. One normal boat. Agents just hop over.

Paralax
1st Mar 2000, 06:38 AM
The boarding mission is a cool idea. It could be assualt or TeamDM, but pref. assualt. Some terrorists stole some chemicals and they are heading out to sea. 3 objectives. First get to their storeroom and secure the chemicals. Second, these are high tech terrorists so you have disable their comms link, blow up their radio. Third, sink their boat, by blowing up a destrucable panel below decks. Just an idea.

------------------
That would be me...gettin' fragged.

Waxx
1st Mar 2000, 11:07 PM
No, no assault. It WOULD be a fun assault idea, but I just HATE the time limit. It annoys me. I think it'd be much better as CTF between two gunboats.

RegularX
1st Mar 2000, 11:26 PM
The boarding idea would be a fun assault mode, but you could do kinda of a 2Boats idea for CTF, make them the same size.

For the 2boats idea, you could use ladders and underwater entrances for boarding. Have the players cross underwater. Not sure how that would play out, but it would be different.