bastard_o
3rd Mar 2000, 12:22 AM
As promised

How to make a useable ladder.
Bots and all can use them....
http://www.planetunreal.com/realworld/laddertut.html

bastard_o
3rd Mar 2000, 12:28 AM
I feel a bit silly asking this, but I played around for hours trying this. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Could anybody supply me with a working, tiny unr Tut level on how to do this simple thing.

How can I trigger via a trigger a ambient sound which only plays once for 30 seconds...

Out of the three or maybe four methods that I think are available... Not one could I get to produce the above desired effect /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Wanderer
3rd Mar 2000, 05:20 PM
Try using a dead TriggeredLight (just set the brightness to 0) instead of a TriggeredAmbientSound.

I'll have to start keeping tracks of these bugs and report them to Epic.

bastard_o
5th Mar 2000, 03:23 PM
I now have a solution or in fact a work around to give me the functionality I needed /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

So to trigger an ambient sound ONLY once for 30 seconds....

Solution by the Genius /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Beppo, Shhheeeshh aren't we lucky that this guy does the scripting for Infiltration /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

A bit of laterial thinking here, use a mover he said, brilliant... So I can set a normal trigger to trigger the mover that can be set to only move once /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, and give a sound for the move cycle...

Cool....