PDA

View Full Version : Does a map need music ?

Andirez
18th Mar 2000, 09:20 PM
Do you think a realworld map needs good music besides ambient sounds ? Or is music misplaced in such a map ?

Andirez

theVodkaCircle
18th Mar 2000, 10:37 PM
Can be good if appropriate.
I don't think a lot of it would be good though. I'm not sure if it's just music on or off or if you can have music at specific sections of the game/map.
If not overused I think it would be OK.

[This message has been edited by theVodkaCircle (edited 03-18-2000).]

Evil Joe
19th Mar 2000, 01:55 AM
no, ambient sounds are nice though. Music almost invariably is going to detract from your map. Since not everyone is going to like the music selection (I hate techno for instance). I know alot of maps I won't play simply cause of the stupid music that comes with it. One exception would be ctf-noonraid. the music actually aides in the maps apeal. But for RL its not neccassary and I would venture to say unwanted in a RL map.

Paralax
19th Mar 2000, 05:08 AM
I felt like I had to put music in my mab because without music selected every time I went to give orders the intro music would fire up. Anyone know how to prevent this?

------------------
That would be me...gettin' fragged.

bastard_o
19th Mar 2000, 03:16 PM
The music that is played apon hitting the orders menu seems to be unstoppable /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I asked EPIC about this and I talk the "No reply" as a "This is a small feature/bug" I know of No workarounf...

Many of the Inf guys play with music off /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Music on general is SO very personnal... I myself only liked three of the Unreal1 music tracks and for UT only two...

The UT two I like alot they don't distract you at all from the game and give the inf game more feeling and mode... But again this is just my taste.

Music'Skyward.Skyward'
Music'UnWorld2.UnWorld2'

The above music files are the UT ones I liked, I am trying to get a friend of mine interested in making some music for the inf team, I had nice low-level drum & bass military style theme, film sound track kinda feel, nothing in-your-face or ear for that matter /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.. A music track that just sits in the background and is so sublte that you even forget that its there, but when you go to bed you tend to humm it to yourself... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Just my opinion...

Bastard'O

Paralax
19th Mar 2000, 06:05 PM
Is is possible to designate a music track, but then set that speficic tracks volume to zero? If so we could have no music and no 'pop up' intro music. Then again I personally like some the more low-key tracks for UT.

------------------
That would be me...gettin' fragged.

INF_Neo
19th Mar 2000, 06:12 PM
Beeeerk, I hate music while I'm killing. I hear to heavenly new sounds of my guns.