INF Assault Map Idea 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

White Rabbit

Mar 19, 2000
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Visit site
The map would look like the Hoover Dam, and the mission would be to blow it up. One team defends while the other team has to attack.

Key features:
-a large concave cement structure (the dam) at one end of a large valley
-water at the bottom of the map (if you fall from the dam, you die
-turbines inside the dam
-lots of dim, wet hallways inside

Evil Joe

I Will Kill You
Feb 13, 2000
Lot of levels that use a large dam for a setting. Personally I think at this point its a little over used. *G* but hey a good map is a good map. There are just tons of map settings that are neglected. For instance, a really well done outdoors map, realistic (keyword) set of caves, a battlefield, a cityscape other then something that looks like a part of brooklyn etc. Another thing there are only about 1.35 billion pseudo-industrial center maps, prison maps, or military complex maps. If your going to start a map, don't start those its overdone.

On the topic of city scapes there are plenty that would be fresh, a realistic Venice, Paris, New Orleans (expect to see one by me in another mod), the middle east (realistic middle east that is).

Anyways just my 2-cents.

Sylvester

Dec 6, 1999
Leuven / Belgium
Visit site
Andirez and I, we go for realism...

This map will not be your average 'go blow up the thing' kind of map.
We are really trying something different here that I haven't seen yet in any map.
I agree that we both aren't very experienced in mapmaking, but we shure are dedicated in delevering a good assault map.

Expect the following features:

-A nice low polycount realistic terrain
-More realistic environment sounds than you ever heared in a map
-Multiple optional objectives to make your life easier further on the mission
-Realistic day-sunset lightning(not just another dark night mission)
-Multiple ways to the final target, built in such a matter that teamplay is needed to finish the objectives
-Original ideas so that the mission feels realistic

Don't expect the map to soon, because we both have a bussy scedule...but we will releasing screenshots and beta's.

Sylvester out...