PDA

View Full Version : INF Assault Map Idea 2

White Rabbit
19th Mar 2000, 07:39 AM
The map would look like the Hoover Dam, and the mission would be to blow it up. One team defends while the other team has to attack.

Key features:
-a large concave cement structure (the dam) at one end of a large valley
-water at the bottom of the map (if you fall from the dam, you die
-turbines inside the dam
-lots of dim, wet hallways inside

19th Mar 2000, 12:32 PM
There is a similar map, AS-PumpFacility at Real Maps, click on my sig to get there.
CC

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

19th Mar 2000, 12:32 PM
There is a similar map, AS-PumpFacility at Real Maps, click on my sig to get there.
CC

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

Sylvester
20th Mar 2000, 07:43 AM
This is exactly the map that Andirez and I are working on.
Expect some screenshots real soon...

Sylvester out...

theVodkaCircle
20th Mar 2000, 09:56 PM
Now you only need skins that look like the dirty dozen /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Evil Joe
21st Mar 2000, 08:29 AM
Lot of levels that use a large dam for a setting. Personally I think at this point its a little over used. *G* but hey a good map is a good map. There are just tons of map settings that are neglected. For instance, a really well done outdoors map, realistic (keyword) set of caves, a battlefield, a cityscape other then something that looks like a part of brooklyn etc. Another thing there are only about 1.35 billion pseudo-industrial center maps, prison maps, or military complex maps. If your going to start a map, don't start those its overdone.

On the topic of city scapes there are plenty that would be fresh, a realistic Venice, Paris, New Orleans (expect to see one by me in another mod), the middle east (realistic middle east that is).

Anyways just my 2-cents.

Sylvester
21st Mar 2000, 09:47 AM
Andirez and I, we go for realism...

This map will not be your average 'go blow up the thing' kind of map.
We are really trying something different here that I haven't seen yet in any map.
I agree that we both aren't very experienced in mapmaking, but we shure are dedicated in delevering a good assault map.

Expect the following features:

-A nice low polycount realistic terrain
-More realistic environment sounds than you ever heared in a map
-Multiple optional objectives to make your life easier further on the mission
-Realistic day-sunset lightning(not just another dark night mission)
-Multiple ways to the final target, built in such a matter that teamplay is needed to finish the objectives
-Original ideas so that the mission feels realistic

Don't expect the map to soon, because we both have a bussy scedule...but we will releasing screenshots and beta's.

Sylvester out...