PDA

View Full Version : AS-Riverbed

Grz
28th Mar 2000, 06:02 AM
Give my new map a try and tell me what you think here is the URL http://home.swipnet.se/~w-33023/AS-Riverbed.zip

Murdock
29th Mar 2000, 05:31 AM
This is a pretty nice-looking map. The canyon walls and buildings are all nicely done. Attacking is a lot of fun (though there should be more and different weapons), and maybe you could have some weapons crates near the attackers' start for added realism.

The auto-cannons are a bit of a pain in Infiltration mode. Slower running=major health loss. You could maybe change it to the new M2 .50 and let the defenders operate it manually. You could put one of those on the roof near the last objective, too. The mortars are nice.

The major problems show up when defending. I started out in a good position, where I could get to the bridge top and snipe at the attackers. I got killed, however, and respawned way back at the last objective! After humping my ass all the way back to the bridge, the gate was still down. It remained that way until the time ran out. I don't think the bots know how to open it. Even if they do, there needs to be a way to get back to the top of the bridge from the other side. Even better, perhaps, would be a few gunloops on the other side of the gate for the defenders to snipe through. The best solution would be to set the spawn points back on the bridge until the first objective is destroyed, then push them back to some other middle ground (perhaps near the auto-cannon). It shouldn't respawn at the last objective until near the end.

Anyway, everything here should be easy to fix. Once you get the problems ironed out, you'll have a real winner.

The ending is great, by the way. More levels should have things like that.

[This message has been edited by Murdock (edited 03-29-2000).]