PDA

View Full Version : one of many dumb questions

INF_Neo
10th Apr 2000, 05:48 PM
Okay, I used textures of many packs in my first map -> a dumb thing
Okay, I right-clicked and selected all textures, replaced them with an original UT one and did the whole texture work again.
But I still get error messages when I try to run the map with my own new map pack only. UT searches other texture packs. I need an easy solution. Thanks in advance.

I've got another one:
How can I make it so you can't walk through a sheet?

RegularX
10th Apr 2000, 05:53 PM
UEd "remembers" every texture you've used, whether you still use it or not. It's kinda annoying.

The only I found around it is to delete all the unused textures from the texture browser itself. Unfortunately, UEd has this neat feature called crashing which it uses to make that procedure a nightmare.

Someone else (more experienced than I, I think, but I can't remember who) suggested exporting the map, importing it and then only loading the texture maps you want. I haven't tried that yet, so I'm notsure if I am remembering it right.

And for your second question - I'm not sure you can. Use a collision wall (or whatever that is called) around the sheet

bastard_o
10th Apr 2000, 06:13 PM
Hi Neo, I tried this on DustCity, worked like a dream, even all the actors were exported and imported correctly as well so follow these instructions...

1) Load your previous level as was before you messed with it, ie the one with all the textures from all the packs.

2) Export the whole map to a t3d file.
3) Quit the editor.
4) Load the editor, you may need to reset your cameras...
5) Import the t3d file, new map option, don't think that matters much...
6) Rebuild straight away, and save and new level incremental name.
7) Make your custom texture pack...
8) Do your retexturing...

The best of luck Neo, hope the level is small /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

To stop a player going thru a plane brush, make an invisible brush !!!

To do this make a active brush the size you want then, use the add special brush button, set the invisible attribute and the semi-solid attribute, it will be invisible when you play or when pressing the joystick thing.

Hope that helps ya dude...

Bastard'O

INF_Neo
10th Apr 2000, 06:30 PM
thanks, I'll try that

-Lost-
10th Apr 2000, 08:18 PM
yeah, i had posted that before-i got it from wanderer a little while ago. just one thing to make it a little easier on retexturing-if you load all the texture packs you want before you import the *.t3d, those textures will still be there after you rebuild.

Lost

Andirez
10th Apr 2000, 08:28 PM
Exporting your map to a text file also comes in handy when you have to remove certain items. A while ago I made a map for inf 2.0 (long time ago), afterwards I also wanted to make a version with only Unreal weapons. The problem was that the map kept asking for the inf mod (some kind of grenade ammo that wasn't viewable in Ued at all). So I exported the map in *.t3d format and edited it with a simple texteditor. After removing the inf entries and retexturing the map everything was fine.

[This message has been edited by Andirez (edited 04-10-2000).]

bastard_o
11th Apr 2000, 01:02 AM
Nice one, I expect the olde search and replace would work as well, if you did it right, quick conversions and all that, I still have two old maps that have been left behind in Inf_Unreal(1) /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif, maybe they should stay there /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif...

If anybody wants to port them be my guess...

Inf_ChurchII was the best
and that SubBase one, not sure which version of it was my latest...

Bastard'O