Lighting & Movers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
Ok yet another questions:

I have an indoor/outdoor level going. The mover in the doorway is lit inside appropriately but outside, it is completely black, and I cant get any lighting on it. What am I not doing? Also I dont want to turn up the ambient brightness as it makes everything look blah...
CC

bastard_o

Lead Designer
I think you have two choices...

Redo the mover, ie make and texture another brush add it where the mover is to go, REBUILD, this process gives the door brush the lightly correctly, then copy polys to brush and make your mover.

or

Simply set the dynamic lighting boolean to true within the mover's properties...

Tip always make sure the default pivot point for the mover brush is within the mover, not outside...

I have made them before where the pivot point was outside the level all together... shhhheeeshhh took me a while to work that one out...

Bastard'O

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
Thanks, Bastard'O, I also came away with another question: There are some really dark spot in the map, and when I go into them, the weapon and hands model gets pitch black, then when I go to brighter areas, it remains the same, however when I go to a different lighitng zone, it changes yet to the appropriate shading... what to do, what to do?
CC

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
Once I changed the dynamic lighting feature of the movers, it appears to have dissapeared.

I was also wondering if you could give an overview of how you lit Terrain. The lighting is nice and even, with nice shadows and highlights. I cant seem to get that with my the lighting in my level...
Thanks
CC

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

Gunslinger

Mar 24, 2000
South Haven MI. USA
Visit site
I know this isnt an original idea but what do you guys think of an #realmaps channel? I know its hard for people just learning the editor to get help sometimes.I just thought it would be cool to be able to pop in and out (or just in) of a room with Realmaps and INF fans sharring there knowledge and thoughts. Who knows maybe some of the Local Legends might even stop by now and then *hint* *hint*

I think it would be constantly populated given the size of the respective communities.

Anyway Let me know what U think.

If there already is such a beast SOMEBODY tell me! Please /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif