PDA

View Full Version : Swinging Doors?

6th Apr 2000, 05:17 PM
So now its the swinging doors. I add the mover into the doorway set my two keyframes. Now when I open the door and it goes away from me-Im fine, but when I turn around and the door opens toward me, it just bumps against me and I cant get out. I have played a couple of maps like DM-Dockside where the door actually passess thought you as it opens toward you. How can I make it do this? My mover properties are all the same, and triggers are not used. Is it masking of the original door brush, Ive tried a lot and keep coming up with nothing..all help is as always appreciated..
Thanks
CC

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

bastard_o
6th Apr 2000, 05:41 PM
You must have missed one CC /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The mover property IgnoreOnEncroach under movement I think...

Bad.Mojo
6th Apr 2000, 05:43 PM
Just a suggestion, maybe there's a way to make the door open in both directions, which would be a tad more realistic than the whole "ghost door"?

Also, just maybe it may be the brush's properties itself, like whether it is solid or whatnot. I have no idea, but hey.

Wanderer
6th Apr 2000, 11:29 PM
CC setup a trigger to open the doors instead.

As for the swing both ways (wow, that sounds bad) that would require some extra unrealscripting.

CoffeyCan
7th Apr 2000, 01:20 AM
IgnoreEncroach was it Bastard'O, thanks...

I didnt want triggers because I wanted people to have to get close to the doors, like in real life.
CC

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator

Evil Joe
7th Apr 2000, 08:57 AM
Listen to bastard'o and not these other guys (no offense guys). the reason I don't like the use of triggers is that when you get close to the area of activation the door opens... but lets say you didn't want that door to open as you ran past it, not touching it but close enough to activate the trigger. I believe the ignoremewhenencroach setup allows for more tactics and strategy. Also with the triggers it is still rather cumbersome opening doors as you still get "hit" every now and again... especially, it seems, when you are running for your life.

Cliffhouse (the map I'm making for inf; first in a string of maps for inf) uses the "ghost door" as Bad.Mojo puts it.

You could also set it up so that it moves you hmmm that might be better. I'll put that to a vote in the beta phase of my map. which will sadly be awhile longer then I originally intended (waiting on textures).

TerOmen
7th Apr 2000, 01:37 PM
Wanderer suggested a trigger for a reason. Swinging doors without triggers are real hard on the bots. They'll get stuck and do some pretty weird stuff. If you want botmatch then use a radius trigger /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CoffeyCan
7th Apr 2000, 05:50 PM
The bots use the doors fine now, as they do in DM-Dockside without the triggers, seems to be matter of placing a pathnde, close on each side of the door.

Thanks for all your help everyone..
CC

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator