Placing INF weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SeekerX

Apr 11, 2000
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I built some weapon racks for a level... but when I tried to place the weapons on them properly (manipulating them on the y and z axis) and ran the level, they were all sitting flat like they usually are and all pointing in the same direction. What gives?

So in answer to that, I ripped out the weapon racks and placed weapon crates. When I tried to place the weapons in these (simple x rotations) and ran the level, they were all rotating ala RotatingPickup. I checked the RotatingPickup settings for all the weapons and they were false (default for INF). So why is it doing this? I turned it to True just to see if something was backwards, but that didnt help.

I've been trying to think of some INF levels i've seen that have had weapons placed on angles and propped against walls, but I cant think of any. Is this why?

MrTicky

Nov 13, 1999
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
Well, I never had that prob, but a note: If you want your map to be capable with both UT and INF, use UT weapons! and INF will mutate 'em! Make sure you have a lot of space for the guns, that MAY be the prob!

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_
SFA Clan Sniper
SFA 2nd in Command

WE HAVE THE ARMOR AND GUNS, ALL WE NEED IS YOU!
Join up NOW!

http://echo1.homestead.com/
----------------------
Loyal to INFILTRATION!
As long as I live!
Loyal to SFA!
As long as I live!

SeekerX

Apr 11, 2000
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I loaded the Inf package into the editor hoping that if I used the weapons themselves, that I'd be able to manipulate them that way. When I've tried to position the UT weapons they work fine, but when they're converted to INF they default to a laying flat state. I assumed the problem was the conversion process... but I guess it's just something to do with the weapons themselves, I guess.

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
This is actually a "feature" of the current version...it is annoying...but if I'm not mistaken they're working on it. In any case, with the weapon loadout system it shouldnt be a problem after that.

[This message has been edited by funkstylz (edited 04-18-2000).]