Congratulations, T. Ahlen

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

disturbed

Nov 10, 1999
www.research-center.org
I'd just like to say that T. Ahlen's newest map is by far his finest ever creation and proves to be one of the best assault maps I've ever seen. AS-UrbanAssault is a perfect example of what happens when you take that extra time to really complete a map.

------------------
Jon Merriman
The Unofficial Mac Infiltration Tech Support type PR Rep Kind of Guy.

The Research Center: UT
The ORIGINAL Mac UT Site http://www.research-center.org/

[This message has been edited by disturbed (edited 04-21-2000).]

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
Hey Jon, I think you meant AS-UrbanAssault /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I fully concur as well, he has multiple routes to objectives, so there are no bottlenecks, lots of angles and spot to cover, very advanced and very nice to see, serves as an example for how all AS and INF maps should be, this would also be a great team DM map too.
CC

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
I downloaded that map yesterday, and it's pretty slick. The only complaint I have is that it seems a little TOO dark to me. But that's just my opinion.

-Keiichi

------------------
If the past is an idea that can only occur in the here-and-now, and the future is also just a concept happening strictly in the present, is there really a past and future? Or just a continuum of present moments?

Christopher Webb

Overtly Serious Chappy.
See my post (subject line: T. Ahlen's maps)on the mapping board.

Yes his maps are visually excellent, but there are a few minor issues. One is the timing factor (see post above) and the other is that when his AS game finishes, there's no 'cut scene'. Like in AS-A Bridge Too Far the house explodes, or AS-Frigate where the turret swivels. He had it on AS-Lighthouse (or whatever its name was), but in AS-UrbanAssault you just freeze. That whirly thing where you can rotate about yourself would be appreciated.

Also, does anybody know how to put in objectives, or is it simply too much effort?

------------------
<insert cute/ interesting/ bizarre signature here>