beta screens

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
You've most likely heard my 2 cents on just about all the topics in this section and you've heard the advice I've given to fellow mappers (good and bad). And probably even read the interesting debate me and hunchback had about copyright laws and how they apply to mapping. Well now you can check a few screens of one of my upcoming maps. DM-Cliffhouse_inf.unr is not far behind. These should just be a taste. Let me know what you think (good or bad; I prefer critisms to praise)

www.Utcenter.com

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
that is an sf map unfortunately... If my texture guys (two friends of mine who supply me with my textures) weren't so busy I'd have cliffhouse done by now *G*. That link was not intended to show support of other mods it was intended to show my work that is all.

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
Soon, how soon I don't know its up to my two friends. If they can get the textures to me then it will go quick. I guess I could scrounge for textures but I can never find what I need and while most of the texturs at RM are good they aren't exactly what I need and I don't want the user to have to get 4 to 5 texture packages to play my map... just one package and default UT textures.

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
I can only see that open courtyard, but the real problem that we find with almost all real life maps is a lack of covering objects. The courtyard looks very exposed and heading out there looks like suicide to me /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif cant tell anything more from the rest of the shot though, so if that the only area lacking cover no biggie.

Always a tough balance between map speed and adding more polys for cover. Also in the lower right hand corner you have an reddish roof, but the textures on the inside of the cube is grey, if it were me, Id make it all the reddish, but texturing is a taste thing.
CC

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
I don't really have much anything to add, but I'll reply anyway. Keep in mind there is only so much criticism you can offer a screenshot. Obviously, most of the useful criticism will develop out of play testing dealing with Balance/connectivity/design/playability etc..

As far as appearance goes, the "look" of the map is quite pleasant to the eyes.

Like CC said, it appears to have some open areas that have the potential to create an excessive number of vulnerabilities, but it's hard to tell. Depending on your preferences, it might be good to have a map that is a sniper's dream, being very difficult, as long as not impossible, to use other tactics. Mr. Ticky would love that I'm sure, but I may not.

Again, I'm only commenting on a screenshot. The screenshot itself "looks" great.

[This message has been edited by Mr. T (edited 04-27-2000).]

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
very true not much you can tell by a screen shot alone. There will be areas that do have alot of cover. In RL there isn't always cover everywhere... that particular courtyard is indeed a kill zone. Other streets offer more cover and there are buildigs you can duck into for additional cover. I've decided on releasing this map to both communities (inf and sf; I am after all an sf mapper *G*)