INF weapons not appearing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pita

May 2, 2000
Ottawa
www.animecritic.com
Hi,

I'm working on my first INF map and ran into a little problem. For some reason the INF weapons aren't showing up in the game. I placed the corresponding UT weapons in the level, and they show up fine when I play my level in UT mode. But if I switch to INF, nada (curiously, I have no problems with ammo).

Is there some option I need to set or is weapon placement a matter of trial-and-error?

- Pita

Pita

May 2, 2000
Ottawa
www.animecritic.com
Neo:

I did put the UT weapons in my level. Actually, I think it's not so much a problem with the weapons not appearing, but disappearing.

I tried out the level again and started directly in front of the shotgun. I thought to myself, "Yay! It works!". So I wandered around the level looking for the other weapons, but couldn't find them. Then I went back to the spot where the shotgun was and it wasn't there anymore.

I don't get it.

- Pita

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Pita, have you still got this problem ?

With standard UT weapons and ammo in and the infiltration configuration replacement diaolog screen set up as default or how ever you want it (I advise you us the default), all should work just fine...

If you map zipped is smallish, say under a 1mb with NO custom textures, then sent it to me I would like to check it out and help you fix this problem...

Bastard'O

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
I was having the same problem and talked with Beppo about it its quite simple in my case: 'Click on the PATHS DEFINE button within UnrealED (lighting tab in the rebiulder) so, no path = no inventory markers = the items will be deleted after some seconds'

Beppos the man. I hope this works for you, if not, I suggest the troubleshooting board as well. later
CC

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

Pita

May 2, 2000
Ottawa
www.animecritic.com
Well, I ended up just putting in the INF weapons directly for now, because that seems to work fine.

CoffeeCan:

I'll try out your suggestion and see if that works. I'm still puzzled why only the weapons disappear (I actually sat there and stared at the shotgun for 30 seconds before *poof*, it's gone).

In the mean time I uploaded a beta version for people to give me feedback on.

- Pita