I need help with Assault maps!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Moron

May 8, 2000
Copied from http://unreal.epicgames.com/ ...

Assault

The FortStandard is used to define the objectives in the Assault map. There can be multiple FortStandards in a map. The bFinalFort
attribute if true specifies that when the FortStandard is destroyed, the level is completed even if there are other FortStandards still active.
The DefensePriority attribute specifies the order in which the FortStandards should be defended, with the highest DefensePriority
FortStandards defended first. The NearestPathNodeTag attribute should always be used to provide bots a hint about how to get to the
FortStandard. Set it to the tag of the nearest reachable PathNode. The optional FallBackFort attribute specifies which fort defenders
should fallback to if the FortStandard is destroyed (set the FallBackFort to the tag of the desired FortStandard). The bTriggerOnly attribute
specifies that the FortStandard should be triggered (using a trigger or by touching it) rather than shot.

The bSelfDisplayed attribute specifies that the FortStandard is visible (using its mesh). This is typically turned off and the FortStandard is
displayed with level geometry. The bFlashing attribute specifies that the FortStandard should flash when it is damaged. The bSayDestroyed
attribute specifies that bots should announce when they have destroyed this FortStandard (turn this off if the FortStandard marks a strategic
location, and not a visible objective). If the DestroyedMessage is not empty, it will be displayed on everyone's HUD when the
FortStandard is destroyed. The DamageEvent[] and DamageEventThreshold[] arrays are used to specify events which occur when the
FortStandard has incurred specific amounts of damage.

The ChargeDist and bForceRadius attributes are advanced AI tweaks used to determine how aggressively bots will go after a FortStandard,
when they feel they don't have adequate backup.

One of the FortStandards in the level should have the DefenseTime attribute (the total time the base needs to be defended) set. Also, one
FortStandard should have the EndCamTag attribute (the tag of the spectatorcam to use when the game ends).

The TeamCannon can be placed in Assault levels to support defenders. The MinigunCannon is a minigun version of the TeamCannon.

Every Assault level must have an AssaultInfo somewhere in it. The AssaultInfo contains the text (in the ObjDesc[] array) and screenshots
(in the ObjShots[] array) which describe the objectives for the level. The NumObjShots should be se to the number of text/screenshot
elements.

The AssaultRandomizer can be used to force bot attackers to vary their entry routes randomly. Place an AssaultRandomizer in a spot
along the shortest path, making sure there are no connections around it along that path. Set the ToggledCost attribute to an appropriate
value to increase the distance cost of that path. The use a trigger to toggle the AssaultRandomizer on and off as desired, causing the path to
appear longer or shorter. Never use a negative value for the ToggledCost.

Moron

"Living seriously damages your health

[This message was edited by Moron on Jun 22, 2000 at 09:21.]

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Excellent job Moron...

Well there you go Weevil dude... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I think the only thing that Moron missed his his amazing run down of the assault game in level setup was these small items...

A FortStandard can be [activated] by touch, shot or triggering it, a method of doing this so only the correct team can trigger the FS is to use a TeamTrigger...

So for example to activate a FS after a large mover (missile) is destoryed by shooting the mover missle, the mover can't be shot by mistake by the defenders... unless that is want you want...

So you just surround the mover with teamtriggers set to be TT_Shot.

Defence_Points are also very much part of a assault game, they can be attached to a FS or not up to you.

So basically what happens is when you as a human player ordering your bots to "Defend the base" they will all run of to a defense point.

Bastard'O

Gringle

Apr 11, 2000
USA
www.utworld.net
LOL, that was pretty incredible, huh, Bastard'O....considering it was copied directly from another website /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif;)

--Gringle, webmaster of The Redeemer
"Show me a hero, and I will write you a tragedy." -F. Scott Fitzgerald

Moron

May 8, 2000
Ctrl+P - Ctrl+V ....

...and i did it all by myself /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bastard'O, you did'nt really think i was able to write all that with my BAD ENGLISH????

Moron

"Living seriously damages your health"

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Have you found all those class actor objects you need to insert yet...

Hey do what we all do, click in each + and expand them all you will find them in time...

Don't look under Decorations...

Team Trigger is under Trigger, snigger snigger... oh I'm a bad Bastard'O some days.... ho ho

Assault_Randomizers & Defence points are... Navigational chaps..

FortStandard I think is a Pawn, almost a Player class...

Bastard'O