Whats going on with these downloaded textures???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
i Just downloaded some new textures from a link i got off of this board and I used a couple of them in my map. But, when i rebuild the textures go completely black and i can't put a new texture over it. And it only happens with the textures that i downloaded. whats going on? did i download and unzip them right?

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
ok..,...

ok, you guys will find this part even weirder...once the brush turns black nothing will show up EXCEPT the guitar texture from the dusktilldawn texture pack... and for advivce please don't say make my entire map out of guitars because beleive me.. ive already thought of that. did i mention its only the ones i downloaded that are turning black? and the brush doesn't dissapear because i can still select it.

Ignato

TBuildT Mapping Team
Apr 20, 2000
Toronto, Canada
Black textures

I had a similar problem a few days ago, but on much smaller scale.

I was working on my upcoming map and was making a overhanging part of a building. I selected a texture and it went black. After a lot of cussing and hitting the monitor I just ignored it. Later on, I put a light source near it and rebuilt the level with F8. When I play tested it...it was fine and it stopped being black. Maybe it is a bug? I have no idea.

"I will reply with the words uttered from the mouth of my cannon."