bryce 4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
anybody have any luck using bryce 4 to make terrain? i can make some pretty nice looking stuff with it, but i import it into ut and it's inside out...i mean you fall through the terrain, but if you look up you can see the bottoms of the hills...it sucks that i can't get it to work though because it's a much better system the terraedit, no matter how much i like that little program.

Lost

Go ahead you can laugh all you want, I've got my philosophy

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

try using the displacement modifier in 3dsMax. Bryce makes the terrain way too high in polys. Dunno why its non-solid though

------------------------
darkliege.jpg

------------------------

Trappey

Aug 17, 2000
www.digitalphobia.com
I may have an idea why it's doing this.

A simmillar problem i have encountered is when making a custom room/deco/etc, which within that one or more of the seperate brushes contains a re-sized brush. After creating the builder brush by intersecting/deintersecting it, (can never remember which does which :p ),the custom brush once added to my map very often contains areas where u fall through floors/walls etc.

Though i can't see how this could be the cause of ur problem /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif, it is however very good advice for anyone creating custom brushes not to re-size any of the seperate brushes before u intersect/deintersect it with a builder brush :p

Im sorry if u didn't understand a word of that, i did try, it is very difficult to explain in words.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

hunchback

Mar 25, 2000
Oakdale, CA, USA
www2.ucsc.edu
If the terrain is inside out, then the directions of the normals of all of the polygons are reversed (i.e. the polygons are facing inward instead of outward). I've never used Bryce, but it should have some sort of "flip normals" command that you can run before exporting the brush.

It's safest to avoid doing any scaling in UnrealEd, in my experience.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
huh?

what exactly is bryce? im guessing you make terrain out of it... but why is it better than terra edit? like, what features does it have?

JB.gif

bryce is a 3d terrain modeling program, mostly used for making pretty 2d pictures and 3d fly-bys. it makes nicer terrain than terraedit because it is not limited to squares, but on the downside, it's not free...

Lost

Go ahead you can laugh all you want, I've got my philosophy