PDA

View Full Version : Beta Map for Testing

TheMadMonk
7th Sep 2000, 03:38 AM
Okay I've put my INF map up here to be beta tested:
www.planetunreal.com/madmonk/Infiltration/DM-CobbleStone-(TeamDM)BETA.zip (http://www.planetunreal.com/madmonk/Infiltration/DM-CobbleStone-(TeamDM)BETA.zip)

I still can't get the bots to actually attack or move around with a players intervention /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

But I would liek to hear what you all think.

TheMadMonk

-Lost-
7th Sep 2000, 02:37 PM
the bots don't move because there is nothing for them to get...put down some ammo or weapons or something will make them work fine...i just put a bio ammo in the middle of the map and the bots seemed to work fine. i think gun just used ambush points or something, so you can give that a try too

Lost

Do you contemplate what a Grape-nut is, or could you live drinkin your own whiz?

Luv_Studd
8th Sep 2000, 08:11 AM
There's a lot left to do on this one (bot pathing, lighting, trimwork, & item placement, but hey, that's fine by me - leaves a lot of room for suggestions.)

I'm really digging the layout (a la C-S), and the theme where you're headed. I'm glad you 'bothered' to allow feedback /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Couple things I might change or ideas I'm thinking of:

> The low ceiling area, with the lanterns overhead - I would make this area have an arched ceiling, to provide head room and give more area for trim work.

> The bridge(s) could be arched as well, which I think adds to the atmosphere.

> Maybe a couple abandoned vehicles or a large military vehicle or truck.

> I would (and assume you'll do this anyways), put moveable doors in to allow access to the buildings. The arched door ways, though perhaps the accurate size, seem small. I would also add windows to peer out - maybe arched porches

> The brick textures on the stair sides should be changed to something else, as I find it kinda unrealistic. The wall textures themselves "might be" a bit too dark or gray (lighting in the level, or direction of the map's theme could change that though - middle eastern vs. southern Europe).

> You could create a large, but lower-level section to the side of the area you have now, where the alleyways are flooded (thinking Venice). Having a sewer tunnel to another section of the map.

> Depending on your likings, this could be a battle-worn area, evidenced by crumbling walls and pockmarks etc.

> I would have a couple buildings that were taller than the other's (maybe a bell tower) to allow sniping and a grand view to find opponents.

> Building textures could be more varied.

> You could have a courtyard/center area with a well or fountain or something in the middle. Perhaps this area could have been a market area or something at one time.

> You could add vines to the walls on some buildings (again depends on your theme).

> You could have a fenced off area or separator between areas - perhaps a large wooden (solid) one with a double door (like C-S)

That's all I can muster right now - This map makes me want to fire up the editor, for sure.

Good luck! Let me know if you would like me to help beta test future versions, I'd really like to pitch in on this guy.

Thanks.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif