Could use some advice. experienced mappers may not be needed either

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
now, let me start off by saying the pics that ive shown previously aren't really doing justice to my map, but the one in the coach area with the storage compartmants overhead are what i need help on.with the set beta release in about a week, theres two things left to implement.... the three floor elevator and something else. that something else is where i need help. i thought it would add a ton if it is possible to enter the storage comapartments above the seats, so people can sneak around the place alot easier. but, getting in there is the hard part. i can open up one of the compartments by subtracting a section of it, then adding it above to make it look open, but then how could i get the person up there? the only idea i could come up with is a ladder, but when do you see a ladder in an airplane? any advice?

JB.gif

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
well bastard o', im in chapter 5, but what does that have to do with mapping? :D . well lying prone it says only requires a VERY small amount of space...so i figured there would be enough. do you think there won't be?

JB.gif

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
i realize that, but i think it would really add to the game play of it all...maybe i'll think of something else to do.

JB.gif

Mac_Fodder

Just 1 more post.
Oct 18, 2000
Ends

What about if you can only enter the compartments at the ends. Such as int he forward and rear quaters where all the drinks and toilets are. You could still open the hatches to fire at some one but not get out from them. I really think it would be hard to get into one of them from one of the side hatches, though not impossible.

But if you really wanted to get in from the side, I lik the idea of an invisible ladder, but I would put it only ontop of the chair backs. That way you have to climp up onto the chair to get to the ladder. Which IMO is a little more realalisitic.

One question, How do you get down. You can't go down a ladder while prone and you can even crouch in one of those to be able to dive into prone onto the floor. Just a thought.

bastard_o

Lead Designer
IMPORTANT

Have you guys noticed this...

If you are kneeling or prone you can't fall off of geometry, ie if there is an edge you stop and can't go forward anymore...

I must go talk to Beppo and see whether or not this will change in the future, but please bare this in mind when making levels...

At the moment you as the player or a bot will NOT be able to move forward when kneeling IF you meet a edge which is OVER 45 degrees.

Hope that makes sense...

Good rule of thumb that I hope all level designs use is always to play test your levels, go everywhere, see if you can navigate thru all the places you expected to be able to...

Hope you are listening Bad-Karma... :)

Bastard'O