venice

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
Sounds cool. Always on the look-out for more infiltration maps. How soon do you think before we can see some screens of it?

Map and the world maps with you.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Sounds awsome!
Maybe some moving gondalas to ride upon?

ZundSig4.gif

oswaldonion

Sep 22, 2000
that's a good idea.

i vaguely remember a CTF map for standard UT that had canals and moving gondolas.

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
oswaldian

The map your refer to is called CTF-Noonraid and is personally one of my favorite CTF maps of all time. It just had this calming effect for me. The map also included a special .u file just for that map. Damn it was tight, one of the only 9's that nalicity has ever given that I agree with ;)

Map and the world maps with you.

Misc_debris

Nov 25, 2000
here is a screenshot for you guys. I made all of the
textures myself, minus the sky and the water so tell me if they could use any
improvement.

[This message was edited by Misc_debris on Nov 27, 2000 at 23:21.]

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
yeah, the pic is behind some passworded page so we can't get to it.

Just email it to me and I'll post it.

ZundSig4.gif

Misc_debris

Nov 25, 2000
currently, the level is perfect for 4-6 people. Should
I make it bigger?

And I would also like to thank zundfolge for putting the picture up.

[This message was edited by Misc_debris on Nov 27, 2000 at 23:33.]

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
If you want it played on servers, I would say at least add more spawn points. Nothing is more annoying than constantly getting telefragged at the start of a round because a map doesn't have enough damned spawn points! :mad:

Alpha_9.gif

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
looks very good, what's the polycount?
the only thing i don't like about it [well from what i can see in the screenshot]... dunno if you were already to venice, but most of the walls there are a lot messier... just add that to the textures and it's fine

-reaper was here-

thornz

Inhuman...yes indeed
Dec 14, 1999
outer circle of hades
members.aol.com
coolness

I've been to Venice, and this sounds like a very cool idea.

my suggestions:
Venice is mostly (nearly entirely) urban. Very few open spaces, except around canals (poof, idea). Canals should be a mix of ones lined by sidewalks and ones that just have buildings running up to them. Furthermore there should be a gap of about a foot between the water level and the street. What else what else...the colors! The colors of the walls of the buildings are kinda off. It's not like NY with water. It's that wierd spanish, red brown. Like terrecotta, but more brown. Also, don't use those square windows. Windows are spaced a little more infrequently, and the square ones make them look like office buildings next to water.

have a mac...
...but not a clue?
http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/thornz/

"e phallous maos e magnu est"
-the dirty monk