unrealshare info

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

enzomatrix

Nov 16, 2000
Does anybody know how I can either import changed .pcx's into unrealshare.bloodypuff or else save the unrealshare.blood2 script? It always trashes the file when I do either. Thanks for any info.

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
No.

Well at least not to the best of my knowledge.

The best way to know it, afaik, is to import the changed file into a seperate texture pack with a different name, and then use the texture replacer tool to replace any occurances.

Mike

Kain

Nov 7, 1999
Visit site
what are you, fed up of the normal UT cartoony blood splats? :) Me too, so I changed them a long time ago.

blood2.jpg

Sure they're not perfect, and there is still a big blood cloud (which I think looks good) but at least there aren't hundreds of big glowing red blobs everywhere. Just little dark ones if you look closely. :)

If you want to just import new blood textures into the Botpack (that's the UT package, UnrealShare is the Unreal package), replacing the existing ones, then yes it can be done.
Just give the new PCX files (exactly) the same name as the textures you want to replace and import them into the right package, in the right category.
Then open the actor browser and save the Botpack package. Do not save the texture package as it will f*ck up the game.

Make sure that your new PCX textures are 256 colours and the right size (no bigger than 256x256).

[This message was edited by Kain on Dec 27, 2000 at 10:03.]

[This message was edited by Kain on Dec 27, 2000 at 10:14.]

enzomatrix

Nov 16, 2000
Thanks, that did the trick. Now I see so many more things that I can change, that I could not before.

enzomatrix

Nov 16, 2000
Yeah I know, it is for my nephew so he can shoot at
robots, without it being to gory. Thanks for the info anyway.