Brand new map for y'all!! Also a question for BuddyPickle.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Well, it's new to those who didn't participate in the beta run!! I have to say thanks to everyone who posted criticisms and suggestions. Although I didn't implement all of your suggestions, I did do quite a few of them as well as tweaked the lighting and such. Anyways, here's the map.. all done for you. I'll post the links to the fileleech download whenever it gets accepted to the database.

Page with some screenshots and download links
Non-UMOD Zip file download
UMOD Zip file download

All downloads are roughly 2.5 MB and come with both the Team Deathmatch and Domination versions of the map.

Also, to BuddyPickle.. I couldn't find any info on RealMaps (I'm horrible at searching for these things). What's the process for submitting this map for review?

Thanks everyone -- anything else you might wanna know is in the readme,
Mike

UTProphet

Trial By Fire
Dec 8, 2000
tbf.clanspot.com
Nice fast server for download. Don't put it on FilePlanet whatever you do! I'd rather keep your 350 k/s versus fp's 25 k/s. :rolleyes:

UTProphet
Jeremy Rosenberg

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
:) I'll keep it up for as long as possible.. I have a limit on my outgoing bandwidth for the server that it's hosted on right now, and I'm way under my limit for this month so it's no problem, but when january rolls around I might have to pull it.

Mike

NRA

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
The links on your website are f'ed up

Might wanna fix the links to download the maps on your site, they point to files on Geocities instead of on your server.

N.R.A.

UTProphet

Trial By Fire
Dec 8, 2000
tbf.clanspot.com
oh yeah by the way. Great map! I have a few complaints tho.

#1) It's easy to see by the boxes, the finished unfinished basement, and the trailer out front that the house is being moved in to. My question is this. If the people moving in had no time to get furniture in the house yet, how did they have time to fill the pool with water? Are they going to sleep in their pool?

#2) The gate outside looks really nice, but you can't shoot through it. It's just transparent texturing. I really wish you could shoot through it as this would make the attackers have to sneak around even more.

#3) One of your spawnpoints for the attackers is on top of a door leading down to the basement. Why?

Other than those minor things, I love your map. As for the structural design itself, it is very realistic and perfect for INF.
I also played your Domination version which had me going for hours. The control position is in the perfect spot! You have to watch your 3, 6, 9, and of course your 12 which makes a great DOM map.

One suggestion for your DOM version, maybe you could have a second control position for the basement, which would make defending the house even harder and more fun. Plus, the attacks wouldn't be based on one part of the map. Just a thought, you don't have to do it.

Good job, keep up the good work!

I am trying to get into mapping myself, but all the tutorials I could find (except for fordy's) were meant for people with some experience with UnrealEd. Fordy's tutorials helped get me started, but now I need something more. Any help? Thanks. Again, great job!

UTProphet
Jeremy Rosenberg

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Yo

Los Pescados, if you would like, I can offer a faster link for those two files from my FTP. For those who want faster than 3k/sec...

Let me know if you would like me to post the links in this thread...

SP2.gif

Over 1 Million Served!

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Hooooooyeah!!!

Played the map to death now LOL its great!!! Looks so much beter m8ty! :) Hmm and that comment about the swimming pool being full????? lol
Maybe it rained??? lol

Anyway great map cya later dude!!!!! and what did i say about you being a pro mapper !!! i think one of the posts here says it all !!!! wikked!!!!

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Heya spooge.. yeah go ahead and post them links.. thanks!! :)

Anyways, as for the pool.. let' see.. okay see these people are moving in from overseas, right? It's been my experience that overseas containers sometimes take weeks or even months to arrive, so the family living there had been living in the house in sleeping bags and such since they moved it. Since it's been sunny recently, they filled the pool up because they have nothing else to do until the furniture arrives. Then, when they heard that their stuff was on it's way, they threw all the sleeping bags and such up into the attic.

There :)

As for that spawn point.. I threw it in because it's so unlikely.. Sometimes the bots just hang out there.. do you expect to come walking around the corner of the garage and meet face to face with DEATH FROM ABOVE?! ;) Also, it can help getting into the house, because the other spawn points can be defended from windows by good snipers.

Anyways, I'm so happy you all like the map!! I'm already fast at work on my next map which I'll get some screens and such up for y'all probably in a week or so since the holidays are over I should probably start doing some work again (I'm a contract programmer).

So, thanks again for the support and comments everyone!!.

Mike

UKM-oh!

May 23, 2000
did it not occour to anyone during the beta testing to mention the insane poly counts?

the map itself is amzing, but all the window and stair rail brushes could easily have been replaced by masked textures, easily halfing the poly and node counts. you should think about updating the map with some changes, coz it looks really great otherwise.

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Well, live and learn, right? I can do that no problem.. but I've already released the map so this makes it a little bit more difficult. Mind you the only review site I've submitted it to is realmaps (at least I think I did.. I emailed download links to realmaps@planetunreal.com -- is this how to do it people?)

Anyways I ask you people, the loyal INF community -- should I re-release the map with using masked textures instead of all them little bars and pillars?

Post yer answers in here.

Mike

Ignato

TBuildT Mapping Team
Apr 20, 2000
Toronto, Canada
In my opinion...

I say keep the map with the pillars and bars. You probably went through hell putting every single one of them there (or you duplicated them which is still a pain). So why let hard work go down the drain? If the polys are REALLY high to the point that people stop playing the map then you could change it. But, for people who can run the map, they will appreciate the bars and pillars more then some cheap mapping illusion. The players will be more immersed in the level, which is I assume what you are trying to do.

INF3.gif

Unofficial Mapper

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Good plan. Also, while trying to make this happen something REALLY messed up happened. Okay I created the masked texture, then imported it into my texture pack, etc.. did a few test changes to see how it would look in game.. the pillars texture looked fine, however a bunch of my other textures had suddenty also become masked!! Including the solid white texture I use in quite a few areas of the house, making those particular object invisible! It was a HUGE mess. So I figure -- I've got a Celeron 300a (overclocked to 450MHz) with a 32M TNT2 Ultra -- quite the middle of the line system, about as average as average gets, and I can run the map quite fine (some chop when playing with like 16 players, but who's ever gonna play the map with that many :)) So I'll leave it for now, heh.

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Yeah I figured that's how it would be done.. I sent the email to realmaps@planetunreal.com ... I just included a link to the map's page (with shots and 2 download links) cuz I wasn't sure if you would prefer the UMOD or the ZIP of the map.. the link was http://www.geocities.com/mikeeheler/inf-casadelpeligro/ ... is good, ja? Or should I sent it to your personal email (from the contact page on realmaps)

Mike

[This message was edited by Los Pescados on Dec 31, 2000 at 19:37.]