Question to the Inf team on mapping!!!!!!!! :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Ok just noticed that you cant change the bots movment(Prone & Crouch) for a defence point but you can for ambush, will this be changed for the next release?

I think it would be very handy

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
hmmm i thought about your idea with ambushpoints with special INF nav_points and... well you're using some of the INF .u files right?
that would mean the map doesn't work with standard UT and maybe also not with upcoming infiltration releases

-reaper was here-

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
my map wont work with ut soz to anyone who might have liked it that way, but if the map dosnt work with newer Inf versions i;ll just update it as they are only nav points.

But the prone and crouch system already exist in the inf game look under ambush point and then hit the + to see infc_ambush :) hmmmmmmm

I want to know if there will be a defence point like the ambush as the defence point is standard ut stuff.

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Wikked

Thats sounds great bastard'o, I got a few q's on pathing, i remember you said somthing about stay time of a ambush point in a thread somewhere but i cant find it, how do i reduce the time spent on a point. Right well i have added ambush points in my map and some are to go prone others to crouch, but when the bot gets near they all try to get on the same ambush point and if they are prone they end up on each others heads and then fall off and die, plus there are some bugs where if they cross one of the ambush point while running they crouch and stay crouched moving into walls, they lose all controle and it ends up i have to shoot them to get them on the right track lol.

Anyway can you give me a hint on a good way to place thease points eg not near path nodes and stuff like that! Or anything would be a great help!