zone lighting in different zones

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
hey guys, this is my first time working with zone lighting and so far all i could do was find how to zone light the entire level...can someone tell me how to put zone lights in different zones?

thanks

J.B.Signature.jpg

Kain

Nov 7, 1999
Visit site
But it'll look crap where the zones border each other - there will be a sudden change in light intensity with no blending.

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Hey Kain, Depends where you place your Zone_portals ;).

But I do know what you mean, I just zone off all buildings, even rooms, the ambient zone lighting tends to be VERY small just to try to get some fake reflected light.

Depending on the outside lighting theme ie my Daylight main outside zone light is just a bit higher than any building, maybe 10-20 brightnss.

I also zone stuff by default now because of Zone_Names, nice to know where your team is.

Also I think the add light GPF crash maybe be due to NOT zoning a level, but this is just a hunch, I have only had two levels do that to me before, damn scary...

Bastard'O

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
ahhhhhh thats what i thought....but when i tried to zone it like that it didn't work. the problem was i was just rebulding lighting, but i guess with zone lights you need to do a full rebuild for them to work...makes sense though

thanks. :D

J.B.Signature.jpg

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Yeah, you need to build geometry in order to get the zones defined. After that light rebuilds alone should work, unless you want to add more zones of course. Also, you can rebuild lighting within a specific zone alone by highlighting its zoneinfo actor & having only the "Lighting" checked in the Build Options window, & putting a check on "Apply selected lights/lights in selected zone descriptors only".

Alpha_9.gif

Infiltration Battlegrounds