PDA

View Full Version : INF 2.85 on 56K?

Mr.HotDog
12th Feb 2001, 04:50 PM
I was just thinking if 2.85 will be playable online with a 56K connection. I have a 50K connection and I rarely find a good server that I can play on without lag. Since INF is much more detailed than UT I'm wondering if all of us 56K people will be able to play without lag.

Speak
13th Feb 2001, 07:22 AM
Keep in mind that none of us have played Inf 2.85 online yet, then I wouldnt know! :rolleyes:
However, on one of the previous Inf Radio updates, didnt BP say that one or two of the team were playing on 56k, and didnt do too bad? I should think it'll be just fine...but playable atleast :D

The True PD Savage
19th Feb 2001, 05:05 PM
I play UT mods online with a 33.6 kbps connection, and when not dominating I at least put up a good fight. I see it as a blessing - it forces your mind to stay a few seconds into the future at all times :D. You should be fine with anything but a sniper rifle. My suggestion: carry a shotgun and work on ambush tactics. The spread makes up for some lag delay, and the ambush tactics decrease the odds that your target will be dodging when you hit him/her in the back.

-Savage

Speak
20th Feb 2001, 06:52 AM
The problem is that the only sort of guns you can use with a really high ping are rapid firing weapons, and grenades...so just train with an MP5, or AK, and just get nifty with the grenades ;)

Nikoomba
20th Feb 2001, 09:26 PM
I asked BP this question on last weeks Inf Radio show. I suggest you download it, seeing as you obviously haven't already, he went into detail about it, but his basic answer was that on a ping of 450 one of their members usually won the game. He didn't say anything about 56kers playing. Hopefully we can get in a few decent games though.

From God, to Kane, to Seth.