Sniper Rifle Adjustment

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

skwashdem

May 18, 2001
USA
Visit site
Well, couple things...
1) Is it possible to make it so two snipers could stand in tandem to shoot through a window and not kill each other? I was playing Cuban Dawn last night when I tried to perform that particular action with a teammate, he ended up dead because my shot apparently "hit" him in the head. Most snipers operating in tandem shoot a split second apart so that the second shot will go through the breaking glass and not deflect off random debris from the shattered window pane. But to do this correctly, they have to stand one right behind the other with his weapon almost directly over the other snipers weapon.

2) The PSG1 scope needs to be stronger magnification, it's effective range is much greater than the current scope allows for. Maybe instead of the optional low light setting, we could have it zoom as the Robar scope does and have a permanent low light crosshair?

3) A sound & flash suppressed sniper rifle would be a nice touch. (= I say sound & flash because most sniper rifles have enormous muzzle flash that gives away the position of the sniper with one shot, a suppressor might allow the sniper to get off 2 or 3 undetected shot. US Navy SEAL units have a suppressed sniper rifle in their inventory as does the FBI Hostage Rescue Team.

Any constructive comments on this would be welcome.
Thanks,

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Interesting.

As far as the PSG1 magnification. In real life, its fixed at about 6x i think. The scope is non-detatchable and has no magnification adjustment. HK make it that way so you'll never lose your scope zero.

There are quite a few supressed sniper rifles. They're really only suited to CT and police operations though. 7.62mm subsonic ammo has a trajectoy like a rainbow, so you really need a mil-dot scope, or something similar, for those extended ranges.

If a supressed rifle were to be added, I'd be quite partial to the Vaime SSR Mk2. Integral supressor, 7.62mm subsonic, can fire supersonig 7.62mm nato without any suffereing any damage.

A Rifle that can accept a flash supressor would be nice, too.