Lines on floor?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Captain Gillette

Nov 11, 1999
www.mp3.com
What you've got there is a mismatched brush... the black line is actually the edge where one block meets another. In some cases this is unavoidable... the engine just can't join walls properly at certain angles or if there are complex brushes.

The easiest thing to do though is to zoom all the way in on your 2D windows and see if the brushes are perfectly aligned. If not, fix them!

Everyone and their mother says not to turn off the grid in the editor, but I've foind that the only way I can get walls lined up perfectly is to turn off the grid and do it by eyeball at the highest zoom.

When all else fails, add another brush to cover the crack!
smokin.gif

:8: Captain Gillette

bullet2.gif

=========================
Download CTF-Paranoimia!

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
One of the rooms may be slight ly lower than the other. Just zoom in really close in 2d, select one of the lines, use the vertical/horizantal resize tool and fix it. Just be sure not to "unjion" the rooms, you only need to resize the hieght.
The effects wont take place in 3d until you rebuild.
viola!

bullet2.gif

No thanks... I've already had my @ss handed to me today.

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
I don't know how many people do this, but I nearly only use the cube properties to size my brush. It is completely accurate and never fails me. I usually stick w/ multiples of 8 or 16. Zoom in all the way and make sure it hits the grid right and you're set.

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

Forty-Two

Majestic 2 Cartoonist
Mar 25, 2000
majestic-two.hypermart.net
yes, so do I... the only brushes for which I don't keep "round" numbers is resized brushes... if a brush doesnt align well, I try moving its pivot to align it, or put the grid down do 1.

bullet2.gif

Run, chicken. The warhead launcher spares no one.

grievous

Apr 20, 2000
Auckland, New Zealand
Visit site
I had so many problems with trying to line up ridiculous angles in my architecture (I use the 2D shape editor a lot) that I forced myself to learn to use the "Vertex editing" function available in the editor.

Using it can be frustrating at times (to say the least- 2 dead keyboards so far! :-)) but the benefits of being able to get things to fit properly far outweigh the problems with using it.

Vertex editing is just like the rest of Unrealed, a buggy pain in the as* with a steep learning curve but the results of learning to use it are amazing.