graphic cards for unreal2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vmarines

May 18, 2001
monterrey mexico
Visit site
even if you have a Vanta chip into an NVIDIA card or any other, the Unreal2 must run as normal,

Gforce2 family Chipset and Gforce3 were created with many option to enhance the graphic design, since the Gforce are considered as a GPU (graphic processor unit) which will be allowed to take many function before taken by the CPU (pentium AMD or any others).

UNreal2 game is designed to take full advantage of all the features into this kind of graphic cards and a big variety of games will take this features soon , but does not mean that The unreal2 and others games designed in this way will not run in meddium level systems or low level systems.

I have an AMD Athlon system with 700 Mhz and 128 Mb of Ram. and I am sure will not have troubles.

I am thinking on getting a Gforce2 maybe a GTS or a MX
there is agreat combo with a estroboscopic glasses it cost a 300 dollars.

saludos

Victor

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hmmmmm depends you know. 128 ram is good, but .. 256 is even better :) and it's worth it. And i'm on a pIII800. With a gf2 mx.
ANd i'm not sure if u2 will run nicely on that system (i mean, higher resolutions, but i'm comfortable playing on 640x840 or 800X600 :D)

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
:D
I have a Elsa Gladiac Ultra card. It is a GeFroce 2 card. It came with the 3-D glasses you talked about. The glasses really aren`t worth the money! I can`t wear them for any more then about 5 minutes at a time without getting a headache! But the GeForce card is increadable!!! Unreal graffics! I`m able to run any map at 1920x1440 and it run great!!! I have two machines, one has a thunderbird 800@890 with the Rage Maxx Furry 64mb card and the other has the Elsa 64mb. card with a 900 Thunderbird @ 950. The Elsa card blows away the Rage card hands down!! No compairison at all! Any time there are large moveing textures the Rage card freaks out, like in the DJ Booth when your looking down at the big turntable moving round, the rage card wants to freak but the Elsa card is flawless, even at 1920x1440!!! If you can afford it, get the G3 card, if not the G2 cards are great too! Prices have really dropped sence I bought mine! Go to pricewatch.com and search there for a new card card! Prices are great at that site! Let us know what you end up with!! :D

Last edited:

vmarines

May 18, 2001
monterrey mexico
Visit site
sure, Rukee actually today i am looking for a good store and the best option to get an a Gforce 2, thanks for the information.

I would like not to wait too much time to get the u2 game but well it does not depend from us, ey guys as soon you have seen the game at stores reply me.

so yo had head ache,but what is wrong with the glasses ?

:shock:

by the way where are you from ?

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
The glasses make the screen go funny! Makes two images on the screen about one inch apart. Flickering back and forth. Then the glasses are suppost to see each one thru each lens. Give you a 3-D look. But hurts my eyes after awhile.
Go to pricewatch.com they have the best prices!!
I`m in southcentral Wisconsin!! Were are you??

Status
Not open for further replies.