Stuttering Sounds n freezes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Robmonster

Mar 26, 2001
www.d3fx.com
Hi guys,

Hopefully someone here can advise me on a PC problem I have.

Lately my Pc has developed the most annoying of problems. At points during games, particularly UT, the system will freeze up for 3-4 seconds during which time the same snippet of sound will play over and over, fatboyslim remix style :).

Once the actions starts up again everything seems fine. Problems is I oftern run battlecom over my machine for clan matches and this is affected as well. It seems to have been getting worse lately, with the pauses getting more regular. It used to be that this would happen when I killed a bot in a practice game but it has become more frequent.

My main drive has been getting full so I have been archiving off stuff to CD, and then plan on doing a defrag to see if this helps. Maybe all the extra stuff I've been downloading has caused some nasty fragmentation. Its a 40Gb drive that was about 50%used, but now only sits at about 1Gb free... If this doesnt work I'm planning on reinstalling Win98.

Does anyone have any further things to suggest?

For reference my system is a PIII 700, 384Mb. Win98.

RM