Fileplanet sucks... maybe I can help...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Delta]Predator

Mar 24, 2001
Behind you...
www.phillipsfam.com
everyone knows it... Fileplanet sucks. It gets pretty irritating to sit there while it just works its little butt off to try to download, then it just doesn't work. I was told by Nikoomba that Realmaps wanted infinite space for maps, but I thought I might give it a shot, because I have quite a bit of space on an OC-3 connection. In other words I would be willing to host most of the newer, most downloaded maps on the server. There's probably something I don't know about this type of thing, because I'm no admin or such. I just wanted to help out everybody who's having trouble downloading from there at all. Here's a sample (DM-Vietnam) to test it out and see what you think. www.phillipsfam.com/Realmaps/vietnam.zip
Thanks,

[121st]Burton

full-auto SIG abuser
Feb 7, 2000
I tried the link and got stable 15 kb/sec.
On Fileplanet I have most of the time just 5 oder 6 kb/sec. => You server is fast enough for me. :)

BONE SOB

Playin INF since birth!
Mar 28, 2001
I hate File planet...i have been able to get a file from them AT ALL in over a month!

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Jesus ****ing Christ Delta!

I just d/ld vietnam.zip at OVER 400kb/s

I'd say your little site is just what the doctor ordered ;)

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I'm on cable.

If you just put up a www page with links to the files on FilePlanet, how will that help?

[Delta]Predator

Mar 24, 2001
Behind you...
www.phillipsfam.com
so you want me to be one of the mirrors on fileplanet then? If so, I'm not really sure if I want to do that, maybe because they might give me other things to upload that I might not want, and I might also get too many people downloading from it. But what do I know anyway :p For now, I guess I'll just put up a little temporary site like I mentioned before. Thx for the advice

robrob

May 4, 2000
Very Nice !!!

Damn I just got it at 456k (using a wireless connect)

Hey Predator

would you be interested in hosting UZ files ? Just in case your not familiar with them they are compressed maps (textures, sounds) that the Servers can use.

They provide a way for server admins to "redirect" the download traffic to a web server which keeps the bandwidth for the players.

I am hosting some uz's for the SK servers but I am nowhere as fast as your setup. I am not sure if you have bandwidth limitations but I bet a number of server admins would kiss you square on the mouth if they could point to you for their redirects.

I really believe this would be a great service for the community as it would allow admins to branch out and run "non-standard" maps.

shoot me an email if you are interested. I have a number of UZ's to get it going and could probably help to organize some peeps to compress the files. This way you could just place them in a directory and let the server admins know.

did not mean to write a book here but you have one hell of a connect.

lemme know
robrob