PDA

View Full Version : Easy Easy one..

Luminuis
14th May 2001, 07:30 PM
Tell me what county this woman is form and I give you a big yellow star!

Bonus points for knowing what gun she has.

DarkBls
14th May 2001, 07:56 PM
Looks like a steyr Aug...

And the women come from... Hummm..

/Me need to check his cammo dictionnary :D

Luminuis
14th May 2001, 09:01 PM
Bravo Bls, you get the Bonus.

Now let's see if you can get the Question.

DarkBls
14th May 2001, 09:10 PM
/Me thinks I know more about guns than girls ! :D

ShakKen
14th May 2001, 11:34 PM
Australia.

poaw
15th May 2001, 12:21 AM
Dammit I knew that one.

It's Australia.
She's carrying a Steyr AUG

OICW
15th May 2001, 05:17 AM
My country. Australia. We rule! :D

Hmm, our camo is too well known at all. Personally, I hate it. It isn't very effective IMO in most areas, only in bush areas but isn't as effective as other patterns.

I think that the Australian army should have 2 patterns. a desert one, and a woodland one.

Btw Australia is over 70% desert so having a desert camoflauge would be fairly sensible.

jaunty
15th May 2001, 06:39 AM
An Australian woman on Peacekeeping duties in probably East Timor.

Thats not a Steyr AUG, by the way. Its an F88 Austeyr. I'll have DarkBls' bonus points thank you :)

Also, let it be known that the Australian army doesn't allow women in frontline combat, yet. There is a huge push at this very moment to get them into the frontline, providing that they can handle the same standards of training as men. Which IMO isn't a bad thing. Regardless, I can't figure out what role she'd be in if shes got the 'rifle'.

I'm guessing that shes in Timor by the NATO cap. But she could also be stationed in Boganville (Papua New Guinea)

P.S. Boganville is a city in Papua New Guinea, not the suburb that RaekwoN lives in :D

Nikoomba
15th May 2001, 10:06 AM
Yeah she's one of ours. Perhaps she's in the Airfield Defence Guard (RAAF), I don't know if they're classified as front-line units.

Luminuis
15th May 2001, 02:46 PM
Actually it's froma a Reuters headline about Women in armed forces, she's part of the national guard I beleieve.

And I had to ask around...and eveyone I asked..tells me they don't know. Of course, The Austeyr is pretty much just a Steyr Aug, slightly modified, so I'm giving both of you the bonus points. And Shakken get's the question.