Next patch forbidding some aliases

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ferd

«]§ß[»
Dec 21, 2000
Argentina
Visit site
I think the alias that lets you walk and at the same time taunt (visual taunts, hmm why not voice taunts too) should be disabled, cos when someone does that the players seam to "float" instead of walking and also you can´t find out where is heading to, and it kills the rich visual UT has.
And about he voice taunts, Who needs to have a taunt binded to a movement key? I can only think of [XLC]

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
strange...I remember a time when it seemed tons of players had their thrust/wave/etc. bound to their secondary fire...

but now I rarely see it. In fact...I can't even remember the last time I did see it.

And the only time I've seen someone with a verbal taunt bound to a movement or firing key, a demo was made of them and they were booted from the server.

-I_AM

Y

Yellow5

Actually Epic have stated that they plan to release a "final" patch for UT which means we'll see at least one more.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
I figured they might do something like that, Y5. UT is great as it is, but a new patch should include the latest D3D and OpenGL patches, as well as... umm... well...

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
strange...I remember a time when it seemed tons of players had their thrust/wave/etc. bound to their secondary fire...
:D
This is like this n00b who asked XeneX how he did to Wave before killing him in a combo... or this other guy complaining at KingLao's waving before killing him :D

This is CODED into the weapon. You automatically wave when you fire secondary (you actually need to stand still so the animation is not interrupted), if the weapon has "bSecondaryWarnTarget" set to True.

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Heh...I did not know that Lina. Knowing that would have saved me the trouble of binding the wave to my secondary fire...something I'm ashamed I myself did a long time ago.

I thought it was so dope. :)

LOL

I have since removed that bind. But...I never knew that it was part of standard UT.

-I_AM

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Yea, the most probable explanation for the recent decline in the use of wave-fire is because most ladders have made it illegal.

Even Boom... the original dancing gangsta has his binds retired :(

Ferd

«]§ß[»
Dec 21, 2000
Argentina
Visit site
Anyway about the patch, there are a few little bugs in the online code, like when you throw a weapon, sometimes it can`t be picked up again... but that´s not major.
I´d love that the new patch takes out the limit of usable custom models for the bots...

and there is still people using those bindings, and it´s annoying.... specially the vocal taunts.... -> [XLC]

Smid

Apr 5, 2001
Here
Visit site
Well, I hope theres another patch

Theres that little matter of Windows crashing when you open
windows exporer 50% of the times after you play UT...

Smid

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Re: Well, I hope theres another patch

Originally posted by Smid
Theres that little matter of Windows crashing when you open
windows exporer 50% of the times after you play UT...

Smid

Never had that one happen. The only time UT crashes on me now is when I try to find an online game and I am not online :)

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Originally posted by Darkwolven
Knowing EPIC, it will probably be after UW. Look at how long Unreal took them to finalize, but we will see another patch according to the epic crew.
I doubt it. Epic know that if they leave it until after UW (2002 sometime), then everyone will be playing Unreal2, and most will have stopped playing UT. I reckon it'll appear sometime between now and the release of U2.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Cliff already said that there will be no new features added to UT with the final patch. There were about 3 or 4 things that were on the list, but I don't have it with me. I'll try to find out what's planned for it.